Md. Sazedul Islam
Lecturer, Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000
RESEARCH INTEREST: Synthesis of nanoparticles, synthesis of biopolymers, development of biomaterials, application of nanoparticles and biopolymers in drug delivery, wound healing and tissue engineering.
CURRENT POSITION: Lecturer, Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka. (November, 2016 to present)
1. Md. Sazedul Islam, Papia Haque, Taslim Ur Rashid, M. Nuruzzaman Khan, Abul K. Mallik, M. Nazrul I. Khan, Mala Khan, Mohammed Mizanur Rahman. ''Core–shell drug carrier from folate conjugated chitosan obtained from prawn shell for targeted doxorubicin delivery''. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine, 2017, 28: 55. Publisher: Springer.
1. Taslim U. Rashid, Md. Sazedul Islam, Sadia Sharmeen, Shanta Biswas, Asaduz Zaman, M. Nuruzzaman Khan, Abul K. Mallik, Papia Haque and Mohammed Mizanur Rahman. ''Applications of Chitosan Derivatives in Wastewater Treatment.'' Volume 6: ‘’Polymeric Composites’’ of ''Handbook of Composite from Renewable Materials'', 2017, (eds V. K. Thakur, M. K. Thakur and M. R. Kessler), Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA.
2. M. Nuruzzaman Khan, Md. Mehedi Hasan, Md. Sazedul Islam, Shanta Biswas, Taslim U. Rashid, Abul K. Mallik, Asaduz Zaman, Sadia Sharmeen, Papia Haque and Mohammed Mizanur Rahman. ''Biomimetic gelatin nanocomposite as a scaffold for bone tissue repair.'' Volume 8: “Nanocomposites: Advanced Applications’’ of “Handbook of Composite from Renewable Materials’’, 2017, (eds V. K. Thakur, M. K. Thakur and M. R. Kessler), Publisher: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA.
3. M. Nuruzzaman Khan, Shanta Biswas, Md. Sazedul Islam, Taslim Ur Rashid, Sadia Sharmeen, Md. Shaharuzzaman, Md. Minhajul Islam, Md. Shirajur Rahman, Abul K Mallik, Asaduzzaman, Papia Haque and Mohammed Mizanur Rahman. “Green Biocomposites from Renewable Biopolymers” of “Biocomposites: Properties, Performance and Applications”, 2017, Publisher: Nova Science Publishers, Inc. NY, USA.
1. Md. Sazedul Islam, Taslim Ur Rashid, Mohammed Nazrul Islam Khan, Mala khan, Papia Haque, Mohammed Mizanur Rahman. “Development of Core-Shell Hybrid Materials from Iron Oxide Nanoparticles and Modified Chitosan for Targeted Drug Delivery”, 16th Asian Chemical Congress, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 16-19 March, 2016.
2. M.S. Islam, T.U. Rashid, M.N.I. Khan, M. Khan, P.Haque and M.M. Rahman. “Room Temperature Synthesis of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles: Studies of the Crystal Structure, Morphology and Magnetic Property”, International Conference on Physics-2016, 10-12 March, 2016.
RESEARCH PROJECT: Associate Investigator of the project-2017 by SnT ministry of Bangladesh on
‘’Development of eco-friendly pretreatment of cotton fabric for sustainable textile production.”
1) Masters of science (1 Year) in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering:
Thesis: “Development of core-shell hybrid materials from iron oxide nanoparticles and modified chitosan for targeted drug delivery.”
Research Institutes worked in:
In Plant Training (4 Weeks): Chittagong Urea Fertilizer Limited (CUFL), Anwara, Chittagong.
2) Bachelor of Science (4 Years) in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering:
Project Work: “Mechanism and Prospects of Humidifier”.
Industrial Training (4 Weeks): Training on “Industrial Process Unit Operation & Process Control Technique” conducted by Training Institute for Chemical Industries (TICI), Narsingdi, Bangladesh (Central Training Institute of Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation).
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES