Details of Shaikat Chandra Dey
SHAIKAT CHANDRA DEY
Department of Applied Chemistry and Chemical Engineering,
Faculty of Engineering and Technology,
University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
Contact No: +88-01719096261
- M.S. in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka, GPA 3.98 out of 4.00, Class Rank-1st-2014.
- B.Sc. (Honours) in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, University of Dhaka,CGPA 3.95 out of 4.00, Class Rank-1st -2013.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), Shahid Syed Nazrul Islam College, Mymensingh, GPA 5.00 out of 5.00-2009.
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Dipti Academy, Valuka, GPA 5.00 out of 5.00-2007.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Md. Aminul Hoque and Atiya Hoque Memorial Gold Medal-2013.
- Jagannath Hall Gold Medal -2013.
- Dean’s Award-2014.
- Jagannath Hall Gold Medal -2014.
- National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship, 2015-2016.
- Language Fighter Professor Dr. A.S.M Nurul Haque Bhuiyan Trust Fund Scholarship, 2013-2014.
- Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Alumni Association Scholarship (2 times).
- Board Scholarship for SSC & HSC Results.
- Grameen Bank Scholarship.
- Joined a Live Talk Show on Jamuna TV, Bangladesh, upon Receiving Gold Medal in 49th Convocation of University of Dhaka.
Polymer-nanocomposites, Nanomaterials, Wastewater Treatment Techniques etc.
- Shaikat Chandra Dey, Mohammad Al-Amin, Taslim Ur Rashid, Md. Ashaduzzaman, Sayed Md. Shamsuddin*, “pH Induced Fabrication of Kaolinite-Chitosan Biocomposite”, International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, 68, 2016, 1-9.
- Shaikat Chandra Dey, Mohammad Al-Amin, Taslim Ur Rashid, Md. Zakir Sultan, Md. Ashaduzzaman, Mithun Sarker, Sayed Md. Shamsuddin*, “Preparation, Characterization and Performance Evaluation of Chitosan as an Adsorbent for Remazol Red”, International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering and Technology, 2(2), 2016, 52-62.
- Mohammad Al-Amin, Shaikat Chandra Dey, Taslim Ur Rashid, Md. Ashaduzzaman, Sayed Md. Shamsuddin*, “Solar Assisted Photocatalytic Degradation of Reactive Azo Dyes in Presence of Anatase Titanium Dioxide”, International Journal of Latest Research in Engineering and Technology, 2(3), 2016, 14-21.
- Shaikat Chandra Dey, Mohammad Al-Amin, Md. Zakir Sultan, Md. Ashaduzzaman, Taslim Ur Rashid, Mithun Sarker, Sayed Md. Shamsuddin*, “Preparation and Characterization of Chitosan from Waste Prawn Shells as a Potential Adsorbent for Remazol Red”, 16th Asian Chemical Congress, 16-19 March, 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Word Processing, Presentation and Spreadsheet Analysis: MS word, Power Point, Excel.
- Research Related Softwares: Origin, EndNote.
- Typing Speed: 30 words per minute.
- Four Weeks Training on “Industrial Process Unit Operation & Process Control Technique” conducted by “Training Institute for Chemical Industries (TICI) under BCIC.”
- Four Weeks Industrial Training at "Chittagong Urea Fertilizer Limited (CUFL)”, Rangadia, Chittagong.
- Bengali: Native
- English: Fluent
- Teaching & Research, Playing Cricket, Indoor Games, Gossiping, Traveling etc.