Details of Md. Hasan Faruque
Assistant Professor, Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
E-mail: email@example.com, Skype ID: hasanfaruque28
DU profile: http://www.du.ac.bd/faculty/faculty_details/AQF/1508
and PhD fellow (MEXT scholarship) at the Yokohama National University, Japan (Will Start from October, 2017)
- October 20, 2015 to present: Assistant Professor, Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
- February 18, 2013 to October 19, 2015: Lecturer, Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
- Master of Science in Fisheries (1 year) in 2011 (Examination held in 2012). Result: GPA 4.00 out of 4.00 (top 1%). Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh. Dissertation title: Impacts of Ganges River Morphological Dynamics on Hilsa (Tenualosa ilisha) Migration and Catch in Bangladesh.
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Fisheries (4 years) in 2010 (Examination held in 2011). Result: CGPA 3.92 out of 4.00 (top 1%). Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
- Fisheries Resources Management, Climate Change, Fish Population Dynamics, Aquaculture
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
- Roland Nathan Mandal, Susmita Das, Md. Motaleb Hossain Sarker, Goutam Kumar Kundu, Md. Hasan Faruque, Bijoya Paul, Md. Monirul Islam, 2017. Aquaculture Habitat Suitability Assessment in Gazipur District, Bangladesh Using Geo-Spatial Technology. International Journal of Ecology & Development (Accepted)
- Md Golam Rabbane, Md. Mizanur Rahman, Md. Alamgir Kabir, Md. Hasan Faruque, 2017. Effect of rearing density on reproduction and embryogenesis of zebrafish Danio rerio (Hamilton, 1822). Dhaka University Journal of Biological Sciences, 26(1):77-82.
- Md. Alamgir Kabir, Mohammad Shamsur Rahman, Mahmuda Begum, Md. Hasan Faruque, 2017. Genetic diversity by RAPD in four populations of Rohu (Labeo rohita).Croatian Journal of Fisheries,75:1-9.
- Md. Hasan Faruque, Dewan Ali Ahsan, Maminul Haque Sarker, Elena F. Gladun, 2016. Effect of Ganges River Morphological Dynamics and Farakka Barrage on Upward Migration and Catch of Indian Shad (Tenualosa ilisha) in Bangladesh. Tyumen State University Herald. Natural Resource Use and Ecology, 2(3): 34-58.
- Md. Hasan Faruque, Md. Alamgir Kabir, 2016. Climate change effects on aquaculture: A case study from north western Bangladesh. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, 4(5): 550-556
- Md. Alamgir Kabir, Md. Hasan Faruque, 2016. Effects of Industrial Waste on Genetic Variability of Pangasius hypophthalmus in Bangladesh. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 11 (5), 138-142.
- Israt Jahan, Dewan Ahsan, Md Hasan Faruque, 2015. Fishers’ Local Knowledge on Impact of Climate Change and Anthropogenic Interferences on Hilsa Fishery in South Asia: Evidence from Bangladesh. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 1-18.
- Bijoya Paul, Md. Hasan Faruque, Roland Nathan Mandal, Dewan Ali Ahsan, 2015. Nutritional susceptibility to morphological, chemical and microbial variability: An investigation on mud crab, Scylla serrata in Bangladesh. International Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, 2(6): 313-319.
- Bijoya Paul, Md. Hasan Faruque, Dewan Ali Ahsan, 2014. Consequences of Climate Change on Fish Biodiversity in the River Turag, Bangladesh: A Community Perception Study. World Journal of Fish and Marine Sciences, 6 (2): 136-141.
- Md. Hasan Faruque, Dewan Ali Ahsan, 2014. Socio-Economic Status of the Hilsa (Tenualosa ilisha) Fishermen of Padma River, Bangladesh. World Applied Sciences Journal, 32(5): 857-864.
- Bijoya Paul, Md. Hasan Faruque, Dewan Ali Ahsan, 2013. Livelihood Status of the Fishermen of the Turag River, Bangladesh. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 18 (5): 578-583
- Dewan Ali Ahsan, AKM Nazrul Kabir, Md Mofizur Rahman, Shahad Mahabub, Rumana Yesmin, Md. Hasan Faruque, Md Niamul Naser, 2012. Plankton Composition, Abundance and Diversity in Hilsa (Tenualosa ilisha) Migratory Rivers of Bangladesh During Spawning Season. Dhaka University Journal of Biological Sciences, 21(2):177-189.
- Taslima Akter, Md. Hasan Faruque, Mohammad Shamsur Rahman, 2017. Seasonal variation in amino acid and fatty acid composition of wild climbing perch Anabas testudineus (Bloch, 1795). 1st International conference on Safety and Hygiene Issues in Fisheries Post Harvest: emphasis on dried fishery products, Department of Fisheries, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. 72p
- Susmita Das, Roland Nathan Mandall, Md. Motaleb Hossain Sarkerl, Goutam Kumar Kundu, Md. Hasan Faruque, Bijoya Paul, Md. Monirul Islam, 2016. Aquatic Habitat Suitability Assessment in Gazipur, Bangladesh using Geo-spatial technology. 7th Biennial Fisheries Conference & Research Fair 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Muhammad Shafi, Md. Hasan Faruque. A Book on Fishery Statistics (Biostatistics). Submitted to University of Dhaka, Bangladesh for possible publication (revised copy submitted on October 31, 2016).
- Deans Award-2012 (Faculty of Biological Sciences) for outstanding result in BS (Honours) final examination in Fisheries
- University Merit Scholarship from the University of Dhaka for the academic performance at both post-graduate and undergraduate level