Details of Goutam Kumar Kundu
Understanding the linkage and feedback between the environment and ecosystems, and identifying the current/future impacts of the natural/anthropogenic environmental changes at national, regional and global scale.
The specific research areas: Aquatic ecology, Environmental pollution and toxicology, climate change, Biodiversity, Fisheries management
- Mandal, R. N., Das, S., Sarker, M. M. H., Kundu, G. K., Faruque, M. H., Paul, B., & Islam, M. M. (2017). Aquaculture Habitat Suitability Assessment in Gazipur District, Bangladesh Using Geo-Spatial Technology. International Journal of Ecology & Development™, 32(4), 58-75.
- Islam, F., Islam, M. M., Akter, M. S., & Kundu, G. K. (2017). Impact of Climatic Hazards on the Jamuna River Fisheries and Coping and Adaptation Strategies. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Environmental and Ecological Engineering, 4(5).
- Kundu, G. K., Alauddin, M., Akter, M. S., Khan, M. S., Islam, M. M., Mondal, G., & Huque, A. (2017). Metal contamination of commercial fish feed and quality aspects of farmed tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in Bangladesh. Bioresearch Communication, 3, 345-353.
- Islam, M. S., Ahmed, M. K., Raknuzzaman, M., Habibullah-Al-Mamun, M., & Kundu, G. K. (2017). Heavy metals in the industrial sludge and their ecological risk: A case study for a developing country. Journal of Geochemical Exploration, 172, 41-49.
- Jannat, M., Ahmed, M. K., Islam, M. M., Kundu, G. K., & Kamruzzaman, M. (2017). Shrimp Post-Larvae Nursing in Earthen Ponds, Bangladesh. Journal of Scientific Research, 9(1), 97-107.
- Ahmed, M. K., Islam, K. N., Ibrahim, M., Sultana, G. N. N., Khan, M. S., Akter, M. S., & Hossain, A. (2016). Oxidative stress mediated antioxidant enzyme responses in tilapia (Oreochromis mossambicus) and silver carp (Hypophthalmichthys molitrix) fingerlings during hypoxic transportation and reoxygenation. Bioresearch Communication, 2(2), 264-269.
- Ahmed, M. K., Shaheen, N., Islam, M. S., Habibullah-Al-Mamun, M., Islam, S., Islam, M. M., & Bhattacharjee, L. (2016). A comprehensive assessment of arsenic in commonly consumed foodstuffs to evaluate the potential health risk in Bangladesh. Science of the Total Environment, 544, 125-133.
- Ahmed, M. K., Baki, M. A., Kundu, G. K., Islam, M. S., Islam, M. M., & Hossain, M. M. (2016). Human health risks from heavy metals in fish of Buriganga river, Bangladesh. SpringerPlus, 5(1), 1697.
- Ahmed, M. K., Baki, M. A., Islam, M. S., Kundu, G. K., Habibullah-Al-Mamun, M., Sarkar, S. K., & Hossain, M. M. (2015). Human health risk assessment of heavy metals in tropical fish and shellfish collected from the river Buriganga, Bangladesh. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 22(20), 15880-15890.
- Islam, M. S., Sultana, A., Rasheduzzaman, M., Kundu, G. K., Kamal, A. K. I., & Uddin, M. K. (2015). Assessment of the Present State and Economical Prospects of Solid Waste at Amin Bazar Waste Dumping Site, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Journal of Scientific Research, 7(3), 129-137.
- Ahmed, M. K., Kundu, G. K., Al-Mamun, M. H., Sarkar, S. K., Akter, M. S., & Khan, M. S. (2013). Chromium (VI) induced acute toxicity and genotoxicity in freshwater stinging catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis. Ecotoxicology and environmental safety, 92, 64-70.
- Ahmed, M. K., Kundu, G. K., Al-Mamun, M. H., & Islam, M. R. (2013). Impact of hexavalent chromium on histopathology in freshwater stinging Catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis. Research and Reviews: A Journal of Toxicology, 3, 1-8.
- Acute toxicity of three heavy metals on laboratory cultured tubificid worms. Funded by the University Grants Commission, Bangladesh.
- Climate change impacts, vulnerability and sustainable adaptation strategies: insights from aquaculture of Bangladesh (as co-investigator). Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of Bangladesh
- Contribution of Bangladeshi fisheries sector to greenhouse gas emission and suggestions for climate smart fisheries (as project member). Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of Bangladesh
2016: Does fishing ban crate positive impact on fish biodiversity? Evaluation of two fish sanctuaries of coastal Bangladesh (co-supervisor).
2015: Impacts of climate variability and change on fisheries of the Padma river and adaptation strategies (co-supervisor).
2015. Current status of ox-bow lake (baor) fisheries and barriers to their management: cases form south-western Bangladesh (co-supervisor).
2014. Heavy metal contamination in commercial fish feed and cultured fish.
Other research involvements:
2016. Cell free assay using DTT and DTBA to evaluate the oxidative potential of heavy metals- conducted at Ecotoxicology and Envirionmental Chemistry Laboratory, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea.
2016. Evaluation of fishing ban on the biodiversity of coastal fishes of Bangladesh (MS Thesis).
2014. Vulnerability of fisheries to climate change in Bangladesh: a composite index approach (MS Thesis).
2014. Climate change impacts and adaptations: insight from the Jamuna river fishing communities, Bangladesh (MS Thesis).
2014. Assessment of aquaculture suitability of Gazipur district using geo-spatial technology based multi-criteria modeling (MS Thesis).
2010. Mercury concentration in aquatic ecosystem of Sundarban (MS Thesis).
2009. Determination of mercury concentration in some freshwater and marine fishes (MS Thesis).
- Assistant Professor, Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka (from June, 2016 to date)
- Lecturer, Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka (February, 2013 to June, 2016)
- Young Professional, BRAC (October, 2011 to February, 2013)
- PhD student (2016 -), Stable Isotope Ecology Laboratory, School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
- International Environmental Recearch Center Internship, at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), South Korea
- MS in Fisheries (2009), Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- BS in Fisheries (2008), Department of Fisheries, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh