Details of Dr. Tania Sultana
University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France
Date of Birth : 1st August, 1987
Nationality : Bangladeshi
2013-2016 Preparation of Doctorate in Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Nice-Sophia Antipolis, France
2008-2009 Master of Science (M.Sc.), Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (rank: 3 out of 40 students)
2004-2008 Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (rank: 3 out of 60 students)
2013-2016 Doctoral study in the team ‘Retrotransposons and genome plasticity’, Institute for Research on Cancer and Aging, Nice, France
Thesis topic: Defining the insertion site preference of L1 retrotransposons in the human genome
2011-2012 Research Scholar, Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- : Identification of immunogenic Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi antigens expressed in chronic biliary carriers of S. Typhi in Kathmandu, Nepal.
2009-2010 Masters thesis in Enteric Vaccines Laboratory, ICDDR, B, Bangladesh
Thesis topic: Evaluation of antibody in lymphocyte supernatantfor rapid diagnosis of typhoid fever.
2013 PhD fellowship (3 years), Erasmus Mundus Mobility from Asia, European Union
2011 Fogarty Fellowship, Fogarty International Center, National Institute of Health, USA
2010 Fellowship for M.Sc. research from Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh
- Biological interpretation of next generation sequencing, EMBL-EBI, Cambridge, UK, 23-27 March 2015
- 4th course of non-coding genome, InstitutCurie, Paris, France, 9-13 February 2015
- 2nd Labex SIGNALIFE Meeting, 9-10 November 2015
- Journées de l’EcoleDoctorale de Nice (JEDN), 3-4 September 2015
- 4th course of non-coding genome, Institute Curie, Paris. 9-13 February 2015
- Conference of Bangladesh Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BSBMB), Chittagong, Bangladesh, 12-13 January 2013
- Journées de l’EcoleDoctorale de Nice (JEDN), 1-2 September 2016
- IRCAN-CECAD PhD Student & Postdoc Retreat 2014, 1-2 October, Nice, France
- International research in infectious disease (IRID) annual meeting, May 29-31, 2012, Bethesda, MD
- ASTMH 60th annual meeting, 4-8 December 2011, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Sultana T#, Zamborlini A#, Lesage P*, Cristofari G*. Integration site selection of mobile genetic elements in eukaryotes: causes and consequences. Nat. Rev. Genet. Invited for a full submission (review). #Co-first author, *Co-corresponding author.
- Sultana T, Siol O, van Essen D, Philippe C, Nigumann P, Sacconi S, Gilbert N, Cristofari G. Influence of genomic context on integration site selection by human L1 retrotransposons.In preparation.
- Sayeed MA, Bufano MK, Xu P, Eckhoff G, Charles RC, Alam MM, Sultana T, Rashu MR, Berger A, Gonzalez-Escobedo G, Mandlik A, Bhuiyan TR, Leung DT, LaRocque RC, Harris JB, Calderwood SB, Qadri F, Vann WF, Kováč P, Ryan ET. A Cholera Conjugate Vaccine Containing O-specific Polysaccharide (OSP) of V. cholerae O1 Inaba and Recombinant Fragment of Tetanus Toxin Heavy Chain (OSP:rTTHc) Induces Serum, Memory and Lamina Proprial Responses against OSP and Is Protective in Mice. PLoSNegl Trop Dis. 2015 Jul 8;9(7).
- Alam MM, Bufano MK, Xu P, Kalsy A, Yu Y, Freeman YW, Sultana T, Rashu MR, Desai I, Eckhoff G, Leung DT, Charles RC, LaRocque RC, Harris JB, Clements JD, Calderwood SB, Qadri F, Vann WF, Kováč P, Ryan ET. Evaluation in mice of a conjugate vaccine for cholera made from Vibrio cholerae O1 (Ogawa) O-specific polysaccharide. PLoSNegl Trop Dis. 2014Feb 6;8(2).
- Khanam F, Sheikh A, Sayeed MA, Bhuiyan MS, Choudhury FK, Salma U, Pervin S, Sultana T, Ahmed D, Goswami D, Hossain ML, Mamun KZ, Charles RC, Brooks WA, Calderwood SB, Cravioto A, Ryan ET, Qadri F. Evaluation of a typhoid/paratyphoid diagnostic assay (TPTest) detecting anti-Salmonella IgA in secretions of peripheral blood lymphocytes in patients in Dhaka, Bangladesh. PLoSNegl Trop Dis. 2013 Jul 11;7(7).
- Charles RC, Sultana T, Alam MM, Yu Y, Wu-Freeman Y, Bufano MK, Rollins SM, Tsai L, Harris JB, LaRocque RC, Leung DT, Brooks WA, Nga TV, Dongol S, Basnyat B, Calderwood SB, Farrar J, Khanam F, Gunn JS, Qadri F, Baker S, Ryan ET. Identification of immunogenic Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi antigens expressed in chronic biliary carriers of S. Typhi in Kathmandu, Nepal. PLoSNegl Trop Dis. 2013 Aug 1;7(8).
- Leung DT, Uddin T, Xu P, Aktar A, Johnson RA, Rahman MA, Alam MM, Bufano MK, Eckhoff G, Wu-Freeman Y, Yu Y, Sultana T, Khanam F, Saha A, Chowdhury F, Khan AI, Charles RC, Larocque RC, Harris JB, Calderwood SB, Kovác P, Qadri F, Ryan ET. Immune responses to the O-specific polysaccharide antigen in children who received a killed oral cholera vaccine compared to responses following natural cholera infection in Bangladesh. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013 Jun;20(6).
- Alam MM, Tsai LL, Rollins SM, Sheikh A, Khanam F, Bufano MK, Yu Y, Wu-Freeman Y, Kalsy A, Sultana T, Sayeed MA, Jahan N, LaRocque RC, Harris JB, Leung DT, Brooks WA, Calderwood SB, Charles RC, Qadri F, Ryan ET. Identification of in vivo-induced bacterial proteins during human infection with Salmonella enterica serotype Paratyphi A. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2013May;20(5).