Details of Miss. Tahirah Yasmin
- M.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, GPA 4.00 out of 4.00,
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Dhaka, 2013.MS (Thesis): Vibrio choleare O1 lipopolysaccharide and ‘O’-antigenic polysaccharide specific memory B cell responses in the household contacts of cholera patients in Bangladesh.
Supervisors: Professor Dr. Laila Noor Islam, University of Dhaka.
Dr.Firdausi Qadri, Immunology Laboratory, icddr,b.
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, CGPA 3.99 out of 4.00,
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Dhaka, 2012.
- H.S.C., CGPA 5.00 out of 5.00, Viqarunnisa Noon College, Dhaka, 2008
- S.S.C., CGPA 5.00 out of 5.00, UdayanHigher Secondary School, Dhaka, 2006.
- Lecturer, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Dhaka, November, 2014- present
- Research Intern, Immunology lab, icddr,b. June 2013-October 2014.
Immunology, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology
Bengali (native), English (proficient)
IELTS Band score: 8.0
MS Word, MS Power Point, C programming, R programming, GraphPad prism
- In silico proposition to predict cluster of B- and T-cell epitopes for the usefulness of vaccine design from invasive, virulent and membrane associated proteins of C. jejuni.T Yasmin, S Akter, M Debnath, AEbihara, T Nakagawa, and A. H. M. NurunNabi. In SilicoPharmacol. 2016; 4: 5.
- B and T Cell Epitope-Based Peptides Predicted from Evolutionarily Conserved and Whole Protein Sequences of Ebola Virus as Vaccine Targets. T. Yasmin& A. H. M. NurunNabi. Scand J Immunol. 2016 May;83(5):321-37.
- O-specific polysaccharide-specific memory B cell responses in young children, older children, and adults infected with Vibrio cholerae O1 Ogawa in Bangladesh.Aktar A, Rahman MA, Afrin S, Faruk MO, Uddin T, Akter A, Sami MIN, Yasmin T, Chowdhury F, Khan AI, Leung DT, LaRocque RC, Charles RC, Bhuiyan TR, Mandlik A, Kelly M, Kováč P, Xu P, Calderwood SB, Harris JB, Qadri F, Ryan ET. 2016.Clin Vaccine Immunol 23:427–435.
- Interaction of Quercetin of Onion with Axon Guidance Protein Receptor, NRP-1 Plays Important Role in Cancer Treatment: An In Silico Approach.T Yasmin, M T Ali, S Haque, M Hossain.InterdiscipSciComput Life Sci (2015).
- Prediction of B and T cell epitope-based peptide vaccines from highly conserved regions in Enterovirus D68 capsid protein VP1: a computational approach. T Yasmin. JIPBS, Vol 2 (4), 426-438, 2015.
- Prediction of cluster of B and T cell epitopes from invasive, virulent and membrane associated proteins of Campylobacter jejuni. T Yasmin, S Akter, M Debnath, AHMN Nabi. International Conference of Biotechnology in Health and Agriculture (ICBHA), 09-10 January, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- CLEC5A Receptor Silencing is a Probable Therapeutic against Dengue and Japanese Encephalitis Virus Infection in Human. T Yasmin and AHMN Nabi. Bangladesh Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology National Conference (BSBMB), 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Memory B cell and other immunological responses to ‘O-antigenic’ polysaccharide in house hold contacts of Vibrio cholerae O1 infected cholera patients in Bangladesh. MA Rahman, A Aktar, S Afrin, A Akter, T Uddin, T Yasmin, F Qadriet al. BSBMB Conference, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Potential continuous and discontinuous B cell epitopes predicted from fiber, hexon and penton base proteins of adenovirus. R Hossain, T Yasmin, I Hosen, AHMN Nabi. 2nd International South Asian Biotechnology Conference, 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- In silico evolutionary analyses of Wntsignaling proteins predict functional variations of organ regeneration in vertebrates. R A Begum, T Yasmin, S Haque, AHMNNabi.2nd International South Asian Biotechnology Conference, 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- International Conference of Biotechnology in Health and Agriculture (ICBHA) 2015 organized by Global Network of Bangladeshi Biotechnologist (GNOBB), 9-10 Jan, 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BSBMB) National Conference, 21 March 2015, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 2nd International South Asian Biotechnology Conference,05-06February, 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Research Grant obtained as a member of a Research Unit
TWAS (Third World Academy of Sciences) Research Grants Programme, 2015 (up to July, 2016)
American Society for Microbiology
Awards and Scholarships
- Darwin Trust of Edinburgh studentship for postgraduate study leading to the degree of PhD at the University of Edinburgh, UK
- Prime Minister Gold Medal 2013-2014 (for attaining the highest CGPA in BS Hons. Exam in Biological Science Faculty, University of Dhaka)
- University Grants Commission (UGC) Merit Scholarship 2012-2013 (for attaining the highest CGPA in BS Hons. Exam in Biological Science Faculty, University of Dhaka)
- Ruqayyah Memorial Foundation Gold Medal 2014, Ruqayyah Hall, University of Dhaka(for outstanding academic and extra-curricular activities)
- National Science and Technology (NST) Scholarship 2013-2014 (for MS thesis project)
- Dean’s Award, Faculty of Biological Science, University of Dhaka – 2012
- Sumitomo Corporation Scholarship 2008-09, 2009-10,2010-11,2011-12 (awarded to the top 10 students of DU every year)
- Dhaka Board Scholarships for S.S.C. (Talentpool) and H.S.C. result (Talentpool)
- Junior Scholarship -2003 (General) and Primary Scholarship -2000 (Talentpool)
- Best poster presentation award in International Conference of Biotechnology in Health and Agriculture (ICBHA), 2015
- Editor, Helix of Hope, Study Tour 2013 Souvenir, Dept of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, DU
- First position at Poster presentation category of 3rd Biochemistry Olympiad 2011, Dept of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, DU