|Designation||Professor & Chairman|
Bhishmadeb Choudhury (ভীষ্মদেব চৌধুরী) Ph D
Professor, Department of Bangla, University of Dhaka
Teaching since 1984 to present; Professor (since 2000)
BA (hons.), 1st Class (1st position), Year: 1978 , DU
MA, 1st Class (1st position), Year: 1979, DU
Ph D (DU), Year: 1995 ; Subject : তারাশঙ্কর বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়ের উপন্যাস : সমাজ ও রাজনীতি
Recent Research and Academic/Literary Activities:
Special Academic Activities:
1. Member of curriculum and syllabus committee, Department of Bangla, DU for last twenty five years.
2. Working as a supervisor and co-supervisor of Ph D and M Phil research fellows of DU and Jahangirnagar University.
3. Working as Ph D and M Phil thesis examiner in and outside of the country.
4. Member, Curriculum Preparation Committee for Bangla Language and Literature HSC Level, NCTB
Institutional research experience
Worked as junior research fellow; Bangladesh University Grant Commission, 1990-1992.
1. Former Student Advisor, Department of Bangla, DU
2. Former House Tutor, Jagannath Hall, DU
1. Life member of Bangla Academy.
2. Former Presidium Member of Central Khelaghar Ashar (a national juvenile organization of Bangladesh)
3. Editor, Bangladesh Asiatic Society Patrika, 2010-2011
4. Member, Asiatic Society of Bangladesh (ASB)
Attended several literary seminars at home and abroad. Specially as follows:
1. As a guest speaker on bangla narrative fiction at the Calcutta University in 1999.
2. Guest speaker as resource person of National University of Bangladesh in 1998- 2011
3. As guest speaker at Jahangirnagar University, Savar, Dhaka.
4. Presented paper on Novels of Buddhadev Bose at Assam University, Silchar, India in
Buddhadev Centenary Festival, 2008.
5. Delivered `Abdul Gaffar Datta Choudhury Memorial Lecture’ at Shajalal University of
Science and Technology, Sylhet, 2009
List of Bangla research publications : (Click for Details বিস্তারিত)
Research Books (10)
Edited Research Books (7)