- 2014: M.S. in Botany (Thesis in Microbial Biotechnology), Department of Botany, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
M. S. Dissertation. Alkaline protease producing bacteria isolated from leather processing industries and their potential biotechnological use. Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Botany, University of Dhaka. (Bangladesh).
- 2013: B.S. (Hons.) in Botany, Department of Botany, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 2017-18. Project Associate Investigator. Isolation and screening of indigenous exopolysaccharide producing bacteria from the soil sample of Ratargul swamp forest. Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, Special Allocation, Govt. of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh.
- 2016-17. Project Associate Investigator. Project title: Isolation and screening of indigenous polyhydroxyalkanoates producing bacteria from different industrial waste and their biotechnological potential. Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, Special Allocation, Govt. of the Peoples’ Republic of Bangladesh.
- 2015-16. Project Supervisor. Project title: Isolation and characterization of bacteria from Tea plant (Camellia sinensis) rhizosphere and their effect on controlling red spider mites (Oligonychus coffeae). Funded by Centre for Advanced Studies and Research in Biological Sciences, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- 2015-16. Project Co-Supervisor. Project title: Optimization of alkaline protease enzyme production by Bacillus sp. isolated from tannery industries. Funded by Biotechnology Research Centre, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- September 2014-March 2015. Research Assistant. Follow up project on “Alkaline protease enzyme production and biotechnological application in leather and detergent industries”
- March 2013-August 2014. MS thesis research on “Alkaline protease producing bacteria isolated from leather processing industries and their potential biotechnological use”
- Saha ML, Akter MD, Khan T, Ansari A and Islam MN. 2018. Bacterial load and multi-drug resistance pattern of some ready-to-eat street foods of Dhaka city. Dhaka Univ. J. Biol. Sci. 27(1): 27-36.
- Eshik MME, Punom NJ, Begum MK, Khan T, Saha ML and Rahman MS. 2018. Molecular characterization of Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis Disease causing Vibrio parahaemolyticus strains in cultured Shrimp Penaeus monodon in south-west farming region of Bangladesh. Dhaka Univ. J. Biol. Sci. 27(1): 57-68.
- Khan T, Mahbub MA, Mitra S, Ali NM, Biswas A, Islam T and Saha ML. 2017. Rhizosphere associated bacteria and soil physico-chemical properties of Tea garden. Bangladesh J. Bot. 46(44): 1389-1396.
- Khan T and Saha ML. 2017. Production and optimization of alkaline protease by Bacillus spp. isolated from tannery industry and potential biotechnological application of the enzyme. Imper. J. Interdiscip. Res. 3(11): 258-265.
- Saha ML, Mahbub MA, Khan T, Moniruzzaman M and Hoque S. 2017. Bacteria and chemical pollution level of the river Turag, Gazipur, Bangladesh. Dhaka Univ. J. Biol. Sci. 26(1): 1-11.
- Sarder H, Khan T, Saha ML, Punom NJ, Mandal SC and Rahman MS. 2016. Prevalence and antibiotic susceptibility of Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from freshwater fishes. J. Fish. 4(3): 411-419.
- Saha ML, Khan T, Kamal MM and Islam MN. 2015. Proteolytic Bacillus spp. associated with tannery industries: conventional and molecular identification. Bangladesh J. Bot. 44(4): 557-564.
- Dev U, Khan T and Saha ML. Exopolysaccharide (EPS) Producing Bacteria from Soil Samples of Ratargul Swamp Forest. Annual Plant Tissue Culture & Biotechnology Conference. April, 2018. Ishurdi, Pabna, Bangladesh.
- Sharma PK, Khan T and Saha ML. Amylase Enzyme Producing Bacteria from Fruit and Vegetable Wastes. Annual Plant Tissue Culture & Biotechnology Conference. April, 2018. Ishurdi, Pabna, Bangladesh.
- Khan T, Mahbub MA, Mitra S, Ali NM, Biswas A, Islam T and Saha ML. Soil physico-chemical properties and rhizosphere associated bacteria of Tea garden. 7th International Botanical Conference. February, 2018. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Islam KN, Akter T, Rahman IA, Islam T, Khan T and Saha ML. Isolation of indigenous amylase producing bacteria from garbage dumpsites and their optimization of amylase production. 7th International Botanical Conference. February, 2018. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Akter T, Islam KN, Rahman IA, Islam T, Khan T and Saha ML. Isolation of potential indigenous soil bacteria with special reference to various biotechnologically important enzymes. 7th International Botanical Conference. February, 2018. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Eshik MME, Punom NJ, Hossain MM, Roy UC, Islam MM, Begum MK, Khan T, Saha ML and Rahman MS. Molecular identification of AHPND positive Vibrio parahaemolyticus in cultured shrimp of Bangladesh. 10th Symposium on Diseases in Asian Aquaculture (DAA10). August, 2017. Kuta, Bali, Indonesia.
- Eshik MME, Punom NJ, Hossain MM, Roy UC, Islam MM, Begum MK, Khan T, Saha ML and Rahman MS. Molecular identification of Vibrio parahaemolyticus causing Acute Hepatopancreatic Necrosis disease in cultured shrimps. 30th Annual Conference of Bangladesh Society of Microbiologists (BSM). April, 2017. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Mahbub MA, Saha ML and Khan T. Bacterial and chemical pollution level of the river Turag, Gazipur, Bangladesh. Annual Plant Tissue Culture & Biotechnology Conference. November, 2015. Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
- Khan T and Saha ML. Bacteria associated with tannery industries and their alkaline protease production. Annual Plant Tissue Culture & Biotechnology Conference. March, 2015. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Khan T, Islam MN and Saha ML Isolation and molecular characterization of alkaline protease producing bacteria associated with tannery industries and their biotechnological application. 6th International Botanical Conference. December, 2014. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Khan T and Saha ML. Alkaline protease activity showing bacteria from leather processing industry effluents. 7th International Plant Tissue Culture & Biotechnology Conference. March, 2014. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Lecturer, Department of Botany, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. March 2015 - to date
- National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship for M.S. (2013-2014)
- Dean’s Award (Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Dhaka) (2013)
- Outstanding performance Award in B.S. (Hons) for achieving third highest CGPA. (Department of Botany, University of Dhaka) (2012)
- Plant-microbe Interaction
- PGPR & Biocontrol of Plant Pathogens by Bacteria
- Molecular & Environmental Microbiology
- Microbial Enzyme Biotechnology
- Food Microbiology & MDR
- Lecturer, Department of Botany, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. March 2015 - to date
Department of Botany
University of Dhaka
Phone No: +88-02-9661900/7558 (office)
CURRENT RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Bacterial community associated with important crop rhizospheres of Bangladesh and their PGP effects
- Bacterial community composition in relation to soil physico-chemical properties of the Ratargul swamp forest, Bangladesh and their exopolysaccharide (EPS) and pigment production capability
- Prevalence and antibiotic susceptibility of pathogenic bacteria isolated from freshwater fishes and shrimps
- Microbial enzyme biotechnology with special reference to bacterial extra-cellular protease, amylase and lipase
- Antibiotic resistance in bacteria isolated from street foods and drinking water samples in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- March 2015 - to date: Lecturer, Department of Botany, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- September 2014 - March 2015: Research Assistant. Mentor: Professor M.L. Saha, Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Botany, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
- Microbiological Techniques: Field sterile sampling techniques for microbial analyses, Aerobic and anaerobic culturing techniques, Designing and developing various culture medium for isolation of bacteria, Biochemical profiling for bacterial isolates, Differential staining of bacterial cells, Bacterial extracellular enzyme production and estimation techniques, C/S test etc.
- Laboratory Techniques: Aseptic culture techniques, Shake culture and Batch culture fermentation, Liquid sample membrane filtration, Differential centrifugation for cell/protein fractionation, Cryopreservation of cell cultures, UV Spectrophotometry etc.
- Molecular Techniques: PCR-DGGE, Genomic DNA isolation, RNA isolation from Plant tissue, RT-PCR, Sequencing, Next Generation Sequencing, Restriction enzyme digestion, RAPD, Molecular cloning, Agarose gel electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE etc.
- Microscopy: Light microscopy, Confocal microscopy, Phase contract microscopy and Fluorescence microscopy.
- Software: Windows (95 to 10), MS-Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, R-studio, SPSS, audio and video editing software.
- Bioinformatics: DNA Sequence Analysis, MEGA, Molecular Phylogeny analysis, Dendrogram and Cluster analysis and other online bioinformatics tools and databases.
WORKSHOP AND TRAINING ATTENDANCE
- Completed training workshop on “Biosafety and Biosecurity in Biomedical Research and Diagnostics” on May 21-22, 2016 at Centre for Advanced Research in Sciences CARS), University of Dhaka.
- Attended Workshop on “Basic Biosafety Training on Handling Infectious Microbes” on April 7, 2016 at Department of Microbiology, University of Dhaka.
- Completed 24 hour training program on “Statistical Analysis from Biological Sciences” conducted by Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), University of Dhaka on November-December, 2015.
- Attended Workshop on Biosafety organized by icddrb
- Completed a course of study (The Extremes of Life: Microbes and Their Diversity) Offered by KyotoX, an online learning initiative of Kyoto University through edX. Conducted by Haruyuki Atomi, Professor, Department of Synthetic Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University.
- Member of Bangladesh Society of Microbiologists
- General Member of Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
- Global Outreach Member of American Society of Microbiologists
- Member of Bangladesh Association for Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology
- Member of Bangladesh Botanical Society
Born on 27th March, 1991 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Schooling in Rifles Public School and College was Notre Dame College. Married to Soul Mate. Passion is travelling and exploring new places. Have keen interest in music and movies.