Lecturer, Department of Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacology
Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Dhaka – 1000, Bangladesh.
Present Address: 80/B Shaheed Giasuddin Ahmed Resedential Area, Dhaka University Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Cell: +88-01919466366, +88-01716413838 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm, Thesis) in Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacology, 2011
Institute: Department of Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
Result: GPA 4.00 on a scale of 4.00 (1st position)
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm Hons. 4 year), 2010
Institute: Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Dhaka - 1000, Bangladesh. Result: GPA 3.82 on a scale of 4.00
Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), 2006
Institute: Notre Dame College, Dhaka, Dhaka Education Board, Bangladesh. Result: GPA 5.00 on a scale of 5.00
Secondary School Certificate (SSC), 2004
Institute: University Laboratory School and College, Dhaka, Dhaka Education Board, Bangladesh. Result: GPA 5.00 on a scale of 5.00
12 February 2015- Continued: Lecturer, Department of Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka – 1000, Bangladesh.
18 August 2013 – 11 February 2015: Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, Jagannath University, Dhaka-1100, Bangladesh.
7 February 2013 – 17 August 2013: Lecturer, Department of Pharmacy, Northern University Bangladesh, Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh.
2 February 2011 – 21 November 2011: Executive, International Regulatory Affairs Department, Beximco Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Scholarships & Fellowships:
Academic scholarship on the basis of results of S.S.C., H.S.C., B. Pharm. And M. Pharm Examinations.
National Science and Technology Fellowship from Ministry of Science, Information and Communication Technology, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh for M. Pharm Thesis.
Separation and pharmacological evaluation of medicinal compounds from Natural plants in Bangladesh.
Pharmacogenetic studies, extensive anti-diabetic studies of medicinal plants of Bangladesh in STZ induced type 2 diabetic rats.
Experiences in research Projects:
Worked as a research assistant under a World Bank funded Higher education Quality Enhancement Project (HEQEP), Development of Novel Functional Bridged Nucleic Acid for Gene therapy and Diagnosis with Prof. Dr. SM Abdur rahman. Chemical Biology & DNA Research Lab, Department of Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Word Processing: MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Design software: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop etc.
Molecular modeling and drug design softwares: Chemdraw, Chem 3D, Chemsketch.
Membership of Organizations:
Pharmacy Graduates Association (PGA).
Dhaka University Pharmaceutical Society.
1.Ganguly A, Mahmud Z, Nasir Uddin M, Rahman SM (2013). In-vivo anti-inflammatory and anti-pyretic activities of Manilkara zapota leaves in albino Wistar rats. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease. 3(4): 301-307.
2. Kamruzzaman M, Sazidur R, Islam MS, Parvin S, Nahar K, Nasir Uddin M, Ganguly A, Shahriar M (2013). Phytochemical screenings and anti-thrombolytic activities of two common medicinal plants of Bangladesh. IJDDT 4(1):1-4 Research Science Press, India.
3. Hossain M, Even ASM, Akbar MA, Ganguly A, Rahman SM (2013) Evaluation of analgesic Activity of Sterculia villosa Roxb. (Sterculiaceae) Bark in swiss-albino mice. Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci. 12(2): 167-171.
4. Mohanta M, Ganguly A, Begum F, Rahman SM (2014). Evaluation of anti-nociceptive properties of Drynaria quercifolia rhizome in Swiss-albino mice. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 8(1):41-44.
5. Hussain F, Ganguly A, Hossain MS,Rahman SM (2014). Analgesic and anti-diarrhoeal activities of Lagerstroemia speciosa roots in experimental animal model. Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci. 13(1)1: 57-62.
6. Ganguly A, Rahman SM (2015). Evaluation of The Cytotoxic, Antimicrobial, Antioxidant, Anthelmintic And Cns Depressant Activities of Manilkara zapota Leaf (Sapotaceae). World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 4(1): 272-283.
7. Ganguly A, Mahmud Z, Saha SK, Rahman SM (2016). Evaluation of antinociceptive and antidiarrheal properties of Manilkara zapota leaves in Swiss albino mice. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2;54(8):1413-9
8. Ganguly A, Sarkar R, Chowdhury AR, Momen AZM (2014). Evaluation of anti-nociceptive and anti-diarrheal activities of Commelina benghalensis herbs in albino mice. Jagannath University Journal of Science. 3(2): 50-56.
9. Hussain F, Poddar SK, Ganguly A, Rahman SA (2016). Investigation of CNS depressant, anti-diarrheal and cytotoxic activities of crude methanolic extracts of Acacia nilotica and Justicia adhatoda root. Indo Am J Pharm Res. 6(1):3954-61.
10. Dasgupta T, Poddar SK, Ganguly A, Qais N (2016). Anti-inflammatory and Neuropharmacological activities of the seed extract of Setaria italica. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 6(5):193-97.
11. Dasgupta T, Ganguly A, Asaduzzaman M, Qais N (2016). Evaluation of Anti-microbial, Hypoglycemic and Anti-diarrheal activities of Setaria italica Seeds. Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci. 8;15(1):31-5.
12. Sabbir A, Islam M, Begum MM, Poddar SK, Ganguly A (2016). A review on Zika infection: From strain identification to Guillain-Barré syndrome complication. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease. 31;6(12):925-7.
13. Sikdar KY, Ganguly A, Al Hossain AM, Faroque AB (2017). Estimation of Loss of Iodine from Edible Iodized Salt During Cooking of Various Bangladeshi Food Preparations. Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci. 2;15(2):161-5.
14. Hossain MA, Ganguly A, Rahman SA, Hossain A, Hasan M, Rahman MS (2017). Amino acid profile of the gelatin extracted from the scales of catla, rohu, grass carp and their mixed type. Bangladesh Journal of Zoology. 13;44(2):185-95.
Professor Dr. S.M. Abdur Rahman
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell- +88-01732477343.
Professor Dr. Sitesh Chandra Bachar
Chairman, Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. E-mail: email@example.com Cell- +88-01552356315.
Professor A.B.M Faroque
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell- +88-01830002826.