|Last Degree||M.A. (Dhaka)|
1. Gold Medal (First Class First), M.A. Final (class of 1976).
2. American Studies Research Center (ASRC) Research Fellow, Hyderabad, India, August 19, 1987 to September 08, 1987.
3. Killam Scholar, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, September 1990 to October 1991.
4. Gold Certificate, Summer Institute Course in 20th Century American Literature ‘Interdisciplinary’ at UCLA and Vanderbilt, USA, June 30 to August 11, 1995.
1. Commencement Poems and Occasional Essays, Dhaka: APPL, January 2003 (2nd Revised Edition, November 2009).
2. Women, Gender and Literature, Dhaka: Academic Press and Publishers Ltd., October 2003.
3. [Edition] Hemingway: A Centenary Tribute, Ed. Niaz Zaman and Rebecca Haque, Dhaka: University of Dhaka, 2007.
b. Recent Articles:
1. “Mira Nair’s ‘Mississippi Masala’ and the South Asian Diaspora,” The Diasporic Imagination: Asian American Writing, edited by Somdatta Mondal, Prestige Books: New Delhi, 2000, 172-179.
2. “The Curandera: Shamanism and The Religious Experience in Rudolpho Anaya’s Bless Me, Ultima,” Religion of the United States, edited by Niaz Zaman and Fakrul Alam, Bangladesh Association for American Studies, 2001, 178-186.
3. “Politics and Female Sexuality in Webster’s The White Devil and The Duchess of Mulfi,” Politics and Culture: Essays in Honour of Serajul Islam Choudhury, edited by Fakrul Alam and Firdous Azim (Department of English, University of Dhaka), January 2002, pp. 73-80.
4. “Women of the South Asian Diaspora: Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni’s Arranged Marriage and Ginu Kamani’s Junglee Girl,” in Cross-Cultural Transactions in Multi-ethnic Literature of the United States, New Delhi: Prestige Books, 2002.
5. “Portraits of Women in Aldous Huxley’s Antic Hay and T. S. Eliot’s The Wasteland,” in Aldous Huxley: East-West Centenary Essays, New Delhi: Prestige Books, 2008.
Area of Specialization:
1. Twentieth Century British and American Fiction and Drama
2. Psychoanalytic Criticism
3. South Asian Literature in English
Work in Progress: