Details of Saadlee Shehreen
Department of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology
University of Dhaka.
Address: Room: TR-08, 5th floor, Science Complex Building,
University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000
- MS (Thesis), Dept. of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, University of Dhaka.
- BS (Honours), Dept. of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, University of Dhaka.
- Lecturer, Dept. of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology, University of Dhaka. 08/August/2016 to date.
- Scientific Officer, Microbial Biotechnology Division, National Institute of Biotechnology, Savar, Dhaka, 30 January, 2014 - August 03,2014.
- Research Fellow, Center for Advanced Research in Sciences, University of Dhaka, 22 October, 2013- 29 January, 2014.
Honors and Awards
- “National Science and Technology (NST) Fellowship” by The Ministry of Science and Technology, People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- “Dean’s Award”-by the Dean of “The Faculty of Biological Science”, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training on “Statistical Data Analysis for Biological Sciences” organized by “Institute of Statistical Research and Training (ISRT), University of Dhaka.
- Workshop: “Basic Biosafety Training on Handling Infectious Microorganism” organized by Department of Microbiology, University of Dhaka.
- Workshop: “Isolation and Identification of Influenza Virus” organized by Department of Microbiology, University of Dhaka.
Area of Specialization
Phage Genetics, Microbial Biotechnology, Molecular Genetics.
- Bioremediation of heavy metals
- Determination of prevalence of colorblindness among Bangladeshi population
Original Research Article
- “Prevalence and Diversity of Coliphages in Dhaka, Bangladeshand Their Lytic Potentials Against Pathogenic Bacteria” Saadlee Shehreen, Ruhul H. Kuddus, Md. Aftab Uddin [British Microbiology Research Journal, ISSN: 2231-0886, Vol.: 10,Issue.:3,September,2015].
- “Prevalence of Color Blindness in Young Bangladeshis.” MdShahidul Islam, Proyash Roy and Saadlee Shehreen [ Dhaka University Journal of Biological Science, ISSN: 1021-2787, Vol.: 25, Issue:2, July 2016].
Conferences, Seminar, Symposium, Abstracts, Posters, and Speaking Engagements
- Participation in International Conference on “Developing Regional Collaboration in River Basin Management in Response to Climate Change”. held in February, 2013, Kathmandu, Nepal.