Details of Janifar Hakim Lupin
- Master of Science (MS) in Petroleum Geology, Department of Geology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka (Bangladesh)
Title of Thesis: Shallow Reservoir Delineation using 3D Seismic and Well data in an area of Block 9
Result : 3.98 (CGPA Scale 4.00), First position out of 33 students.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Geology, Department of Geology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka (Bangladesh)
Result : 3.86 (CGPA Scale 4.00), First position out of 38 students.
- Internship (Geology & Geophysics Department) at KrisEnergy Bangladesh (01/06/2016- 27/07/2016)
- Assistant Manager (Geophysics) at 3D seismic Project, Bangladesh Petroleum Exploration and Production Company Ltd. (BAPEX) (28/07/2016- Present)
Being a Geologist and Petroleum Exploration Geophysicist I possess keen interest in carrying out research work focusing on multi-disciplinary fields particularly in the following ones:
- 2D and 3D Seismic Data Processing.
- 2D and 3D Seismic Data Interpretation.
- Petroleum Reservoir Characterization.
- Petroleum Reservoir Simulation, EOR, Interaction of Drilling Fluids with Reservoir rock, Reservoir Heterogeneity and Reserve Growth Potential- Recovery Factor Optimization in Petroleum Reservoirs.
- Petro-physical Analysis of Reservoirs and Volume Estimation.
- Petroleum Exploration Techniques, Artificial lifting, Reservoir Rejuvenation.
- Seismology and Tectonics.
- Geochemical Analysis.
- Resistivity Sounding and Profiling.
- Sedimentology and Sedimentary Facies Analysis.
- XRF and Laser Particle size Data Interpretation- application in Sedimentology.
- Rahman, M., Kabir, S.M.M., Lupin, J.H., (2016). Shallow Gas Prospect Evaluation in Shahbazpur Structure Using Seismic Attributes Analysis - a case study for Bhola Island, Southern Bangladesh, (Dhaka University Journal of Science, Volume: 64, issue- 2, March-2016)
- Lupin, J.H., Kabir, S.M.M., Hossain, S.M.Z., Rahman, M., Murshed, S., Imam, B., Akhter, S. H., (2016). Delineation of Shallow hydrocarbon Prospective area Using 3D Seismic Data in a Gas field, Block 9, Bangladesh.
(Submitted and Proceeding to The Bangladesh Journal of Scientific Research)
Workshop and Training Programs (Academic)
- 10 day long Training Program on “Multichannel Seismic (MCS) Data Processing & Interpretation” at Department of Geology, University of Dhaka organized by USAID Peer Science Grant “Towards Geohazard Assessment in Bangladesh: Academic Infrastructure and Knowledge Transfer”
- 9 day long Training Program on “Earthquake Geology and Paleoseismology” at Department of Geology, University of Dhaka organized by USAID Peer Science Grant “Towards Geohazard Assessment in Bangladesh: Academic Infrastructure and Knowledge Transfer”
- 2 day Training Program on XRF and Laser Particle Size Instrument Operation and Data Interpretation” at Department of Geology, University of Dhaka organized by USAID Peer Science Grant “Towards Geohazard Assessment in Bangladesh: Academic Infrastructure and Knowledge Transfer”
Training Programs (Professional)
- Preliminary Training on Techlog- an Wireline log interpretation software.
Awards and Achievements
- Dean’s Award 2013 for academic excellent result in B.S (Hons.)
- University Grant Commission (UGC) Scholarship (1st position in Earth and Environmental Sciences Faculty).
- Participation in Imperial Barrel Award (IBA), 2015.
(Competition arranged by American Association of Petroleum Engineers/AAPG in Asia Pacific Selection)
- Parvez Memorial Scholarship for B.S. (Hons.) result
- First Position in Topic-wise Poster Presentation in the SPE Dhaka University Student Chapter Petroleum Conference 2015
- Second Position in Petro bowl quiz competition in the SPE Dhaka University Student Chapter Petroleum Conference 2015
- Abdul Hie Memorial Trust Scholarship for 3rd year B.S. result
- Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Scholarship 2006-2008
- Junior school scholarship.2003
- Jainul Memorial Scholarship for class VII, 2002.
- Jainul Memorial Scholarship for class VI, 2001.
- Primary School Scholarship, 2000.
- Instant Speech Deliver (Champion at National Children Award Competition 2004)
- Debate. (Champion of School Champion At Intra-School Debate Competition Dhaka, 2004)
Membership in Professional Societies
- Former President at American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), University of Dhaka Student Chapter, AAPG member Id: 10126820
- Ex-Treasurer of Society of Exploration Geophysics (SEG).Former Treasurer , University of Dhaka, Student chapter, SEG member Id: 000000308426
- Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), University of Dhaka, Student chapter, SPE member Id: 418156.