Mr. Shakhawat Hossain received his B.S and M.S. in Geology from University of Dhaka and then he completed another M.Sc. in Petroleum Geoscience from Chulalongkorn University under the Chevron Overseas Scholarship Program. He has 3.5 years of petroleum industry experience in seismic interpretation, Exploration and Development prospect identification and evaluation, Well planning, Petrophysical analysis, seismic attribute and visualization analysis, seismic geomorphology and stratigraphy, reservoir mapping and sequence stratigraphic analysis. During his tenure in Chevron he worked on Bibiyana, Jalalabad and Moulavibazar assets. He has extensive experience as interpretation workflow mentor of advanced geophysical applications and reservoir modeling in Petrel and Landmark. His main research interest is stratigraphic development of sedimentary basins and its implications for hydrocarbon exploration.
M.Sc. (Petroleum Geoscience): 2015, Department of Geology, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand. Thesis Title – Architecture and Depositional environments of reservoir sands in Moragot field of Pattani Basin, Gulf of Thailand.
M.S. (Disaster and Environment Management): 2014, Department of Geology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh. Thesis Title- Interaction of Neotectonics and River dynamics in the Bengal delta. First Class First
B.S. (Honors) Geology: 2013, Department of Geology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh. First Class First
Hossain, Shakhawat (2015), Architecture and Depositional Environments of reservoir sand in Moragot field of Pattani basin, Gulf of Thailand. Bulletin of Earth Sciences of Thailand (BEST), International Journal of Petroleum Geoscience.
Hossain, S., Imranuzzaman, Md. and Rashid, N.S., (2017), Identification of the architecture and evolution of Fluvial system using Seismic Geomorphology: a case study from Gulf of Thailand. Submitted to International Journal of Geosciences, Scientific Research Publishing.
- Petroleum Reservoir Characterization
- Seismic Geomorphology and Stratigraphy
- Clastic Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- Reservoir Modeling and Simulation
- Facies relations with depositional setting
- Petrophysical evaluation of Clastic reservoirs
Earth Scientist at Chevron Bangladesh, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh (June, 2014 – October 2017)
- Identified and matured two new infill development well opportunities in Jalalabad field. Wells will be drilled in 2019/20 drilling campaign.
- Matured two (2) stratigraphic exploration prospects in Moulavibazar field. Prospects are currently under consideration for future drilling opportunities.
- Performed petrophysical analysis of Bibiyana, Jalalabad, Moulavibazar, Sylhet, Kailastila, Rashidpur, Ratna, Kapna, Fenchuganj wells for regional aquifer modeling.
- Correlated well logs within Jalalabad, Moulavibazar and Bibiyana fields as well as across the fields.
- Prepared structural and True Stratigraphic Thickness (TST) cross section of Jalalabad and Moulavibazar fields to identify reservoir development and connectivity.
- Performed petrophysical analysis, quick look interpretation, and well correlation.
- Interpreted 2D and 3D seismic data, performed seismic attribute and visualization analysis for seismic geomorphology/stratigraphic study.
- Done reservoir mapping of Jalalabad, Moulavibazar and Bibiyana field using sequence stratigraphic principles & wedge mapping techniques to identify reservoir connectivity & undrained geobodies.
- Built and updated reservoir models for Bibiyana and Jalalabad field.
- Coordinated and reviewed the different technical studies on Petrophysical interpretation, Sanding Potential, Velocity modeling.
- Prepared and reviewed final well reports of Jalalabad - 6, 7, 8, 9 wells.
- Written and updated Jalalabad Asset development plan (ADP) and opportunity catalogue
- Petrel fundamentals, geology and geophysics. (5 days long course offered by Next Gen ETC), 2015.
- Petrel Earth modeling. (5 days long course offered by Next Gen (ETC) and instructed by Paul Bovet), 2015.
- Stratigraphic analysis of Fluvial and Shallow marine reservoirs. (5 days long course offered by Next Gen ETC), 2015.
- Risk analysis, Prospect evaluation and Exploration economics. (5 days long course offered by Rose and associates), 2015.
- Seismic visualization techniques for stratigraphic analysis. (4 days long course offered by ETC and instructed by Ken Ehman), 2016.
- Formation Evaluation Fundamentals. (4 days long course offered by ETC), 2016.
- Introduction to SBU geology. Course on local Geology and Petroleum systems, 2015.
- Introduction to Decision analysis and Economic analysis. (3 days long course offered by Chevron), 2017.
- Basic Reservoir Engineering. (5 days long course offered by RPS energy and instructed by David Baxendale at Chulalongkorn University), 2015.
- Petroleum geology of South East Asia. (4 days long course offered by CGG VERITAS and instructed by Peter Baillie at Chulalongkorn University), 2015.
- Application of Seismic Geomorphology in Petroleum Industry. (4 days long training course instructed by Henry Posamentier at Chulalongkorn University), 2015.
- Summer Institute on Earth Surface Dynamics (SIESD) at NCED (National Center for Earth Surface Dynamics) in University of Minnesota, MN, USA, 2013. Two weeks long summer school consisting of lectures and hand on trainings/ experiments on Earth Surface Dynamics.
- Seismic Interpretation of Fold and Trust belts using fault related folding techniques. (A 4-day long training course at University of Dhaka conducted by Judith Hubbard, Assistant professor at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore, 2013.)
- Sustainable Operation of Seismographic Network and Earthquake studies in Bangladesh (a 5-day long workshop conducted by Won-Young Kim, a research professor at Columbia University, NY, USA, 2011).
AWARDS AND GRANTS
- Recipient of Chevron Overseas Scholarship for Graduate study in Petroleum Geoscience, 2014.
- Travel and Accommodation grant from NCED (National Center for Earth Surface Dynamics) to participate in the Summer Institute on Earth Surface Dynamics (SIESD) at University of Minnesota, 2013.
- NST (National Science and Technology Ministry, Bangladesh) Fellowship for Master’s research, 2013.
- University Grant Commission (UGC) Scholarship for securing 1st position in B.S. (Hons) in Geology, Department of Geology, University of Dhaka.
- Pervez Memorial Scholarship for B.S. (Hons) result.
- Abdul Hie Memorial Trust Scholarship for 3rd year B.S. result.
- Junior School Scholarship 2003.