1st GEOLOGICAL CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION 2017
1. 2015–2017 Master of Science (MS) in Petroleum Geology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh. CGPA: 3.98 / 4.00 Total 36 Credits Completed.
First position out of 35 students.
Title of the Thesis: Characterization of Surma group mudrocks exposed in Sitakund structure: Interpretation and implication
of analytical data.
2. 2010–2015 Bachelor of Science (BS) with Honours in Geology, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh. CGPA: 3.76 / 4.00 Total 146 Credits Completed.
First position out of 37 students.
3. 2007–2009 Higher Secondary Certiﬁcate, Science, Al-Amin Accademy School and College, Chandpur. GPA – 5.00 /5.00
4. 2005–2007 Secondary School Certiﬁcate, Science, Balshid Hazee Akub-Ali High School, Chandpur. GPA – 4.75/5.00
1. Research fellow at Delta Study Center, Department of Geology,University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000
Being a Geologist I have keen interest in carrying out research work focusing on multi-disciplinary fields particularly in the following ones:
1. Gazi, M. Y., Kabir, S. M., Imam, M. B., Rahman, A., & Islam, M. A. (2017). Geochemistry of Neogene Mudrocks from Sitakund Anticline, Bengal Basin: Implications for Provenance, Weathering, Tectonic Setting and Depositional Environment. Journal of Geoscience and Environment Protection, 5(06), 147.
2. Gazi, M. Y., Bijoy, S. D., & Al Nahian, A. A review of Shale gas potentiality in Bangladesh.
3. Islam, M. A., Murshed, S., Kabir, S. M., Farazi, A. H., Gazi, M. Y., Jahan, I., & Akhter, S. H. (2017). Utilization of Open Source Spatial Data for Landslide Susceptibility Mapping at Chittagong District of Bangladesh—An Appraisal for Disaster Risk Reduction and Mitigation Approach. International Journal of Geosciences, 8(04), 577.
4. Gazi, M. Y., Kabir, S. M., Imam, M. B. (2017) Silt content approximation of Neogene Surma group mudrocks, Eastern Foldbelt, Bengal basin: A combined study of Scaning Electron Microscope, Thin Sections and Laser Particle Size analysis.
(Submitted and Proceeding to The Bangladesh Journal of Scientific Research)
5. Gazi, M. Y., S.K., Subrota, Kabir, S. M., Imam, M. B. (2017)Sedimentological and Palynological Approach for Determining the Depositional Environment of the Outcropping Surma Group Mudrocks in the Sitakund Anticline, Chittagong-Tripura Fold Belt, Bangladesh.
(Submitted and Proceeding to Dhaka University Journal of Science)
Workshop and Training Programs (Academic):
Awards and Achievements:
1. Nominated for Prime Minister gold medal-2015
2. Deans Award-2013 (University of Dhaka) for academic excellent result in B.S (Hons.)
2. Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Scholarship 2007-2009
3. Obtained 1st position in poster presentation in SPE Petroleum Conference-2015, Dhaka University chapter
4. National Science and technology fellowship 2016-2017
5. Achieved 1st position in Earth Olympiad 2015, University of Dhaka
6. Runner up in Petro Bowl Competition organized by SPE Dhaka University Chapter
7. Dhaka University Undergraduate Scholarship
Membership in Professional Societies:
1. Secretary, Society of Petroleum Engineers, Dhaka University Chapter (2012-2014) Membership ID: 4169203 2014-2017
2. Member, American Association of Petroleum Geophysicists, DU Chapter (2013-2014) Membership ID: 10133275 2012-2015
3. Member, Society of Exploration Geophysicists, DU Chapter (2012) Membership ID: 000000376612