M R I T T I K A S H A H I T A
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY
UNIVERSITY OF DHAKA
ROOM 1082, ARTS BUILDING
1. Associate Professor, Department of History, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh. August 2014 – till date.
2. Assistant Professor, Department of History, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh. January 2011- August 2014.
3. Lecturer, Department of History, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh. January 2007- January 2011.
4. Lecturer, Department of History, Jahangir Nagar University, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh. January 2006- January 2007.
5. Teaching Assistant, Department of English and Humanities, BRAC University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, January 2005- December 2005.
6. Lecturer, (Part time), Department of Women’s Studies, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh, January 2006- December 2007.
M.A. (Women’s History), Sarah Lawrence College, New York, May 2010.
(Equivalent to M.Phil. Degree at the University of Dhaka)
M.A. (History), University of Dhaka, 1st class 1st position, 2002.
B.A. (4yrs) (Hons.) (History) University of Dhaka, 1st class 1st position, 2001.
H.S.C. (Humanities) Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Chittagong, 1st division, 5th place in the combined merit list.
S.S.C. (Social Science) Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Comilla, 1st division*.
1. “Upendra Kishore’s Contribution to the Improvement of Printing Process of Bengal”, 23rd edition of “CLIO”, the Journal of the Department of History, Jahangir Nagar University, Bangladesh, June 2006.
2. “Shaptadash O Aushtadash Shatabdite Nari Shasthya” (Women’s Health in 17th and 18th Century Dhaka), co-authored with Hosne Ara Begum, book chapter in “Dhaka Nagar Jibone Nari” (Women in Capital Dhaka), edited by Sonia Nishat Amin, Bangladesh Asiatic Society, June 2010.
3. “Itihasher Prekkhapote Hnola-y Nari Shandarshan”, (Women in History: An Observation through Hnola [local folk song]), Bangavidya, International Journal of Bengal Studies, Volume I, Issue I, edited by Amitava Chakraborty, International Society of Bengal Studies, Kolkata, India, December 2011.
4. “Tagore’s Ghare Baire: A Historical Discourse on Modernization of Bengali Women”, Bangladesh Historical Studies, Vol. XXII, 2010-2012, Journal of Bangladesh History Association, Dhaka, November 2012.
5. “Nari Shikkhar Shotabdiprachin Tirtho : Dr. Khastagir Govt. Girls’ High School”, (A Hundred Years Legacy of Female Education: Dr. Khastagir Govt. Girls’ High School), “Chattagramer Itihash O Oitijyo (Chittagong – History and Heritage)”, Volume 1, Chittagong University and Bangladesh History Association, November 2015.
6. ‘“Attodane Augroshor” Augnijuger Biplobi Nari: Britishbirodhi Andoloner Prekkhapote Punormulyaon’, accepted for publication in Bangla Academy Gobeshona Patrika, Volume 59, Issue I (January-March 2015).
7. “A Quest to Unearth the Legacy of the Bengali Women Freedom Fighters of British India”, Nakshatra – A Bi-Lingual Peer-Reviewed Research Journal, Vol. II, July-December 2015, Kolkata, India.
1. Fulbright Scholar Grant by United States Department of State, 2008-2010.
2. “Ali Ahmed Gold Medal 2002”, for standing 1st class 1st at MA examination in history, Dhaka University, 2002.
3. “Academic Roll of Honour”, from Department of History, University of Dhaka, for securing First Class First Position in the M.A, 2001-2002.
4. “Academic Roll of Honour”, from Department of History, University of Dhaka, for securing First Class First Position in the B.A. (Hons.), 2000-2001
5. “Shiuli Memorial Gold Medal”, for standing 1st class 1st at BA (Hons) examination in History, Dhaka University, 2001.
6. “Shushikkha Barsha Sharna Padak”, Prime Minister’s award for outstanding result in BA (Hons), 2003.
7. First Class in Rabindra Shangeet, Chhayanaut, 2003.
8. Champion , Cultural Week Competition, Organized by Department Of History, Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2003.
Research Officer (part time),Unnanayan Shamannay, Dhaka, Bangladesh, November 2003-April 2004. The goal of this job was to assist in the research for the publications on Environmental issues for the NGO’s quarterlies in English and Bangla.
Associate Editor, “Itihash Shamiti Patrika” (Journal of Bangladesh History Association), Vol. XX, 2005-2007, Date of Publication: March 2008.
Assistant Editor, “Bangabidya: International Journal of Bengal Studies” (Published by International Society of Bengal Studies), 2013-2014, Volume 4-5.
Women’s History, Cultural History, History of Science and Technology of Bengal.