6.Published an article titled 'Representation of Women in Bangladeshi ELT Materials' Dhaka University Journal of Linguistics, Volume 5-6, No. 9-12, February 2012- August 2013, published by the Registrar, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh in February 2015. ISSN: 2075-3098
Editing and Reviewing
1.Was invited as one of the panel discussants in the BELTA National Conference 2015 on “ELT in Bangladesh: Challenges and Directions”, organized by Rajshahi University, Rajshahi on 11 September 2015.
2.Was invited as one of the panel discussants in the BELTA National Conference 2014 on “English Language Education in Bangladesh: Effective Practices and Sustainability”, organized by Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST), Sylhet on 31 May, 2014.
3.Was invited as one of the panel discussants in BELTA Advocacy Programme on Educational Issues-2 on ‘The Current Status of English Language Assessment in Bangladesh’, organized by BELTA and sponsored by the American Center, US Embassy, Dhaka on 5-6 July, 2013.
2.Presented a paper titled ‘Literature in Language Teaching: Myths and Realities in Bangladesh’ in the International Conference on “Diasporas and Diversities: Teaching English in a Changing World” organized by the department of English, School of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Independent University, Bangladesh on 5-7 November 2015.
3.Presented a paper titled ‘English for Today for Classes XI-XII: Challenges and Prospects’ in the BELTA National Conference 2015 on “ELT in Bangladesh: Challenges and Directions”, organized by Rajshahi University, Rajshahi on 11 September 2015.
4.Presented a paper titled ‘Recent Innovations in ELT in Bangladesh: Pouring Old Wine in a New Bottle ’ in the Seminar Series during the Summer semester organized by English Department, East West University, Dhaka on 12 August, 2015.
5.Presented a paper titled 'Medium of Instruction Debate in Bangladesh: (Un)stated Agendas Then and Now' in the Two day International Conference on "A Thrice-Partitioned Nation: Revisiting Bangladesh" organized by the English Discipline, Khulna University on March 28-29, 2015.
6.Presented a paper titled 'Revisiting Mother Tongue(s) While Teaching Other Tongue(s): Will Khawna Bleed Again?' in the Seminar Series during the Fall semester organized by English Department, East West University, Dhaka on 30 September, 2014.
7.Presented a paper titled ‘Evaluating Evaluation: Materials Evaluation Tools under Question' in the two-day 2nd International Conference on "The 21st Century Classroom: Directions, Issues and Changes" organized by University of Liberal Arts, Bangladesh (ULAB), Dhaka on 8-9 August, 2014.
8.Presented a paper titled ‘Feminist Pedagogy and ELT Materials in Bangladesh’ in the BELTA National Conference 2014 on “English Language Education in Bangladesh: Effective Practices and Sustainability”, organized by Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST), Sylhet on 31 May, 2014.
9.Presented a paper titled ‘Reconsidering ‘Own Language’ and Translation as a Pedagogic Tool in ELT: Prospects and Challenges in Bangladesh’ in a two-day seminar on “Translation Studies for Exploring Identities”, organized by Arts and Humanities School, Khulna University, Khulna on 2-3 April, 2014.
10.Presented a paper titled ‘Representation of Women in Bangladeshi ELT Materials’ in the National ELT Conference on “ELT Programmes, Pedagogy, and Researches: Issues and Challenges”, organized by Institute of Education and Research, University of Dhaka on 21 March, 2014.
11.Was invited to present a paper titled ‘Issues of Standardization in English Language Testing at the Secondary Level’ in BELTA Advocacy Programme on Educational Issues-2 on ‘The Current Status of English Language Assessment in Bangladesh’, organized by BELTA and sponsored by the American Center, US Embassy, Dhaka on 5-6 July, 2013. Was also one of the plenary speakers.
12. Presented a paper titled 'English Language Education in Bangladesh: Linking the Doubly Colonized Past to the Present Situation' at the conference titled ‘Unveiling a Secret Agreement: Revisiting the Contours of English Studies’ organized by the Department of English Literature, School of English Literary Studies, The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad, India on 19-21 November, 2012.
13.Presented a paper titled ‘Using Facebook to Enhance Learner Autonomy and Participation for Effective Language Acquisition’ in the International Conference on Teaching and Learning English Through Technology, organized by the Department of English, University of Dhaka on October 20, 2012.
14.Presented a paper titled ‘Evaluation of the Class X Course Books by Classroom Teachers in Bangladesh’ in the Second International Conference for English Language Teacher Educators, Hyderabad on 3-5 March, 2012.
15.Presented a paper titled ‘‘COP English 2011’: A Facebook Group Creating an SLA Rich Platform for Adult Learners’ at the National Seminar on English Language Education in India: Theory and Practice, organized by the Centre for English Language Studies, University of Hyderabad and ELTAI, Hyderabad Chapter on 23-25 January, 2012.
16.Presented a paper titled ‘Class X curriculum of Bangladesh: Inconsistencies in Didactics andPraxis’ in the International conference on ‘Elevating Learning’ at Ahmedabad, Gujarat (India) on 3-4 December, 2011.
17.Presented a paper titled ‘Is the Cart Drawing the Horse?: Classroom Teacher as Course Book Evaluator’6th in the International and 42nd Annual ELTAI Conference on ‘Teacher Development’, organized by The school of Social Science and Languages, VIT University and ELTAI at VIT university, Vellore, India, on 16-18 June, 2011.
18.Presented a paper titled ‘Language Situation in Bangladesh: Necessity and Feasibility of a Bilingual Curriculum and Possible Limitations in Implementation’ at the National Seminar on Quality Education organized by The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad on 16-17 November, 2009.
19. Presented a paper titled ‘Learner Expectations: a Reality in Bangladesh’ in the BELTA Conference held at Dhaka on 7-8 September, 2007.
Workshop Conducted by Me
Professional Meetings & Workshops Attended by Me
1. Was invited by National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka to participate in a daylong Meeting for Exchange of Opinions on Methods of Evaluation and Marks Distribution of English First Paper (English for Today) for classes XI-XII on 04.08.2015.
2. Was nominated as translator by National Curriculum and Textbook Board, Dhaka to participate in the 4-day workshop on translating the selected parts of the corrected and modified textbooks of the Bangla medium from classes VI to X in 9-12 July, 2014. The book assigned to me for translation was the English version of the Chemistry book for classes IX-X to be introduced in Bangladesh in 2015 academic year.
3. Participated in BELTA- IML Development Workshop on Teaching Writing: Assessment & Feedback at Institute of Modern Languages, University of Dhaka on 3 January 2014.
4. Participated in a workshop titled Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation offered and sponsored by British Council, India at Hyderabad from 6 March to 10 March 2012.
5. Participated in a workshop titled Capacity building for Research Methodology at Institute of Public Enterprise, Hyderabad from 28 March 2011 to 1 April 2011.
6. Attended a two-day workshop on Theatre for Development (TFD) at English Discipline, Khulna University on 22-23 February, 2000.
Training Program Conducted by Me
Training Program Attended by Me
1. Successfully completed the in-service training on Research Methods offered, sponsored and organized by Center for Research and Training (CRT), East West University from August 23, 2013 to October 4, 2013.
1.Member, Executive Committee 2015-17, Bangladesh English Language Teachers' Association (BELTA).
2.Life Member (Membership no. 536), Bangladesh English Language Teachers' Association (BELTA).