Details of Mashrur Imtiaz
Curriculum Vitae of
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics, University of Dhaka,
Shahbagh, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh.
- Full name: MASHRUR IMTIAZ
- Date of birth: 12 October 1989
- Mailing address:
Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics, University of Dhaka, Shahbagh, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh.
Flat B (Ground Floor), Sir A.F. Rahman Hall House Tutors Quarter, Dhaka, University Residential Area, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh.
- Mobile number: +88 01712 501020
- Email address: email@example.com
- Able to work with new people, to present something exceptional for them excellent, communication skill.
- Strongly self-motivated and dedicated team player, committed to providing high-quality support, and excellent problem solving skills.
- Keen to learn new things, ranging from technology to crafts.
Name of the Degree
Name of the Institution
Master of Arts (M.A.)
Held in December 2012
University of Dhaka
3.75 out of 4.00
Merit position: 1st
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) 2010
Held in October 2011
University of Dhaka
3.75 out of 4.00
Merit Position: 2nd
Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C)
Adamjee Cantonment College, Dhaka
5.00 out of 5.00
Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C)
Benapole High School, Jessore
4.88 out of 5.00
Name of current organization: University of Dhaka
- Position title: Assistant Professor
- Period of work: November 2016 – Present
- Brief description of major responsibilities: Assigned courses - Phonetics & Phonology 1, Writing
- System and Orthography, Application of computer in Linguistic research, Media Language.
- Administrative Task: Assistant house teacher, Sir A. F. Rahman Hall, University of Dhaka.
Name of previous organization: University of Dhaka
- Position title: Lecturer
- Period of work: November 2013 – October 2016
- Brief description of major responsibilities: Assigned courses - Phonetics & Phonology I, Writing
- System and Orthography, Application of computer in Linguistic research.
Name of previous organization: Southeast University
- Position held: Lecturer
- Period of work: June 01, 2013 - November 10, 2013
- Brief description of major responsibilities : Assigned courses – Sociolinguistics, Foundation Course.
COURSES IN BACHELOR OF ARTS (B.A.) HONORS IN LINGUISTICS DISCOURSE ARE FOLLOWING -
Introduction to Linguistics, Language Skill (Bangla and English), Phonetics and Phonology-1, Morphology, Study of Writing System and Orthography, Syntax-1, Theoretical and Descriptive Linguistics, Historical and Comparative Linguistics, Semantics and Pragmatics, Sociolinguistics, Language and Culture, Bangla Literature, Phonetics and Phonology- 2, Applied Linguistics, Sign Language, Lexicology and the Study of Lexicography, Introduction to Statistics, Stylistics and Literary Analysis, Information and Communication Technology, Semiotics, Syntax-2, Research Methodology and Field Linguistics, Dialectology and Bangla Dialects, Psychology and Psycholinguistics, Clinical Linguistics, Language Planning and Policy, Application of Computer in Linguistics, Research Project and Comprehensive.
ACADEMIC COURSES STUDIED AT MASTERS LEVEL (M.A.) -
English Language Teaching (ELT), Corpus Linguistics, Indigenous Language Studies, Cognitive Linguistics, Bengali Writing System, Thesis Paper on Clinical Linguistics.
I have conducted three research works through my academic career. These are –
- “Language Comprehension Problem of Bengali Broca’s Aphasics: A Test of the Trace Deletion Hypothesis (TDH)”, as a thesis paper at Masters level.
- “Articulation Based Social Stratification in Bangladesh: An Introduction”, as a part of my research monograph at Honors level.
- “Specific Language Impairment among the Children of Bangladesh: An Introductory Survey”, as a part of Clinical Linguistics course.
- ‘Locality and Word Order in Active Dependency Formation in Bangla’. Frontiers in Psychology. Language Sciences Front. Psychol.,25 August 201.http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.01235.
- Subject: Psycholinguistics, Syntax, Processing Across Languages. (Primary Author)
‘Internet Language and Internet Linguistics: Primary Reading and Analysis’. Dhaka University Journal ofLinguistics. Year 07 & 08 (Combined Issue 13-16). Dhaka. 2016 .
- ‘The Urges of Language Adaptation for Economic Development within the Garos of Bangladesh’
Indigenous People and Economic Development: An International Perspective (pp.307-324). Oxford,OX14 4RN, UK: Routledge. 2016. (Primary Author)
- ‘Sentence Comprehension in Bengali Patients with Broca’s Aphasia’ Aphasia and Bengali Language: Linguistic Analysis, In Arif, Hakim (Ed.), (pp.77-105). Dhaka: Books Fair. 2015.
- ‘Clinical Linguistics and Bangla Language’. Book co-author. Dhaka: Nabajug Publications. 2014
EXPEIRNCE IN RESEARCH WORKS AND OTHER PUBLICATIONS
I was involved in different education and development based research project as Research Associate. Titles of these projects are mentioned below –
- ‘The Ethnolinguistic Survey of Bangladesh’ under IMLI, Ministry of Education. 2014-2015
- Cultural Diversity Strategic Plan for CHT: by UNDP, 2013
- Existing policies and opportunities of primary education and Implementation gaps in relation to its practices in rural Bangladesh : by Oxfam GB, 2012
- Arsenic Pollution and Implementaion of Safety Belts in BD: by JICA, under Asia Arsenic Network, 2011
- City Region Development Project: by WB, under BMB MottMcdonalod, 2009
Along with these, different types of articles concerning various fields of linguistics have been published through blogs and little magazines. Titles of these articles remark different genres of linguistics and language. Some of the blog titles are – The Coded language: Under the Veil; Limitations of Speaking versus Emerge of writing; how languages change over time; Story of shorthand etc. These online publications could be found in somewhereinblog and choturmatrik blog. Besides these, a number of translated literary work have been published in different printed medium like Choturmatrik Blog Collection of 2011, Iridenous , Shashotiki etc.
TRAININGS AND VOLUNTARY WORK
- SPSS trarining from the IIST Department, University of Dhaka. April, 2014.
- Workshop on “Conducting Social Science Research” held from (12 May- 07 June), 2009 organized by Young Researchers’ Forum (YRF) & Refugee and Migration Movements Research Unit (RMMRU) of University of Dhaka.
- President of BADHAN (A Voluntary Blood Donors Organization), Zahurul Huq Unit, DU Zone for 2011. I possess excellent administrative ability and convincing power to perform welfare tasks.
- Esteem blogging experience around four years in Somewhereinblog & Choturmatrik Blog. My Analytical and extempore writing ability is outstanding through this journey in Bangla Blogosphere.
- Participant in Television Quiz programmes ( Quiz Quiz , Desh O Biggan)
- Participated in National School Television Debating Competition from 2004-2006.
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- Dean’s Award 2014 for academic excellence MA 1st Position.
- Primary Scholarship (1999) & Junior Scholarships (2002) both in talent full grade in District Merit list.
- First Prize owner of Cub Scouting in National Education Week (1999) at National Level. Second Prize owner in Recitation at Divisional Level at the same competition.
- Distinctive Scholarship from Zahurul Huq Hall, on the 46th Convocation of Dhaka University
- Proficient in Different Kinds of Computer Operations. Especially in All MS Office Applications .
- Advanced internet user.
- Linguistics based software: PRAAT, FLEx, WeSay, Saymore
- Statistics: SPSS
- Fluent in both Written and Spoken English & Bengali. IELTS score 7.00 Band.
- Junior Certificate Course appeared in Spanish & German Language Institute of Modern Language (IML), University of Dhaka.
- Online Activities, Blogging, Trekking, Non-fiction reading and writing.