|Name||Dr. Mohammad Mehedi Masud|
|Last Degree||Ph. D (Gunma University, Japan)|
PhD, 2004, Gunma University, Japan
Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm), 1993, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, First Class, 2nd Position
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm), 1992, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh, First Class, 2nd Position
Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.), 1989, Dhaka Board, Bangladesh, First Division*
Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.), 1987, Comilla Board, Bangladesh, First Division*, 19th position in Combined Merit List
Post-doctoral Fellow, 2008-2010, Gunma University, Japan
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Faculty of Pharmacy
University of Dhaka
Office: 9661900-59 ext. 8139, Mobile : 01758064654
E - mail Address
Date of Birth
November 30, 1971
“Sneha-nir”, Thana Road, Chandina, Comilla-3510, Bangladesh
Nucleic Acid Chemistry
Natural Products Chemistry
Experiences in Professional Field
Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd.- Product Executive, 1/3/1997 - 17/10/1997,
Hall mark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.- Product Executive, 1/7/1996 - 28/02/1997
Professor, University of Dhaka, 30/04/2012 - till
Associate Professor, University of Dhaka, 19/02/2007 – 29/04/2012,
Assistant Professor, University of Dhaka, 09/03/2005 - 18/02/2007,
Associate Professor, Khulna University, 06/10/2004 - 08/03/2005,
Assistant Professor, Khulna University, 30/11/1999 - 05/10/2004,
Lecturer, Khulna University, 19/10/1997 - 29/11/1999
Tokyo Biochemical Research Foundation (TBRF) Fellowship for Postdoctoral research.
Monbukagaksho Scholarship from Japan Government for PhD degree.
Dhaka University Scholarship at Graduate and Postgraduate Level, 1990-1992.
Dhaka Board Scholarship at Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) Examination Level, 1989.
Comilla Board Scholarship at Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) Examination Level, 1987.
Junior High School Scholarship, 1984.
Conferences, Seminar or Scientific Meetings Attended
4th JCS Kanto branch conference, Tsukuba University, Japan. 2010.
84 Spring Conference of Chemical Society of Japan, Waseda, Japan. 2004.
Nucleic Acid Research Symposium,Yokohama, Japan. 2001.
79 Spring Conference of Chemical Society of Japan, Kobe, Japan. 2001.
1. S. Asad, M. Hamiduzzaman, A. T. M. Z. Azam, M. Ahsan and M. M. Masud. Lupeol, oleanic acid & steroids from Sonneratia alba j.e. Sm (Sonneratiaceae) and antioxidant, antibacterial & cytotoxic activities of its extracts, IJARPB, 3(4) :1-10, 2013.
2. A.T.M. Z. Azam, F. Moni, M. G. Uddin, M. M. Masud and C. M. Hasan. Two Cinnamoyl Triterpenes and Steroids from Crotalaria incana (Fabaceae), Res. J. Phytochem, 7(1): 1-9, 2013.
3. A.T.M. Z. Azam, A. A. Hasan, M. Hamiduzzaman, M. M. Masud and C. M. Hasan. Antimicrobial, Antioxidant and Cytotoxic Activities of Glochidion multiloculare (Roxb. ex Willd.) Müll. Arg.(Euphorbiaceae), Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci, 11(2): 117-120, 2012.
4. M. A. Milon, M. A. Muhit, D. Goshwami, M. M. Masud and B. Begum. Antioxidant, Cytotoxic and Antimicrobial Activity of Sonneratia alba bark, IJPSR. 3(7): 2233-2237, 2012.
5. M. M. Masud, T. Masuda, Y. Inoue, M. Kuwahara, H. Sawai, H. Ozaki. Synthesis of modified siRNA bearing C-5 polyamine-substituted pyrimidine nucleoside in their 3’-overhang regions and its RNAi activity, Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 21: 715–717, 2011.
6. C. M. Hasan, M. R. Kuddus, F. Rumi and M. M. Masud. Phytochemical screening a nd Antioxidant studies of Cerbera odollam Gaertn, Int’l J. of Pharma and Bio Sciences., 2(1) : 413-418, 2011.
7. M. M. Masud, T. Masuda1, Y. Inoue, and H. Ozaki. Synthesis of modified siRNA and its activity for gene regulation, 37th ISNAC, 282-283, 2010.
8. H. Yasmin., S. Das, L. Nahar, M. M. Masud, M. S. Rahman, S. C. Roy , M. M. Rahman , S. Gibbons, J. Kundu, B. K. Datta, S. C. Bachar, A. K. Azad Chowdhury and S. D. Sarker. Total synthesis and analgesic activity of 6-fluoroindan-1-acetic acid and its 3-Oxo Derivative, Medicinal Chemistry, 5: 468-473, 2009.
9. F. N. Jahan, M. S. Rahman, M. M. Rahman, S. Gibbsons, M. M. Masud, S. K. Sadhu, M. Hossain, C. M. Hasan and M. A. Rashid. Diphenylpropanoids from Quisqualis indica Linn. and their Anti-staphylococcal Activity, Lat. Am. J. Pharm. 28 (2): 279-83, 2009.
10. S. Das, H. Yasmin., M. M. Masud, S. C. Roy , L. Nahar, M. M. Rahman , S. Gibbons, S. C. Bachar and S. D. Sarker. Total synthesis and analgesic activity of 6-fluoroindan-1-carboxylic acid, Tetrahedron, 64: 8642–8645, 2008.
11. N. A. Ivy, M. S. Uddin, R. Sultana and M. M. Masud. Genetic divergence in maize (Zea mays L.), Bangladesh J. Pl Breed. Genet, 20 ( 1): 53-56, 2007.
12. F. Ahmed, K. M. Rahman, S.M. M. Alam and M.M. Masud. Antinociceptive activity of Vitis trifolia, Dhaka Univ. J. Phar. Sci., 6(2) : 51-53, 2007.
13. M. I. Ahmed, M. S. Hasan, S. J. Uddin, A. A. Rahman and M. M. Masud. Antinociceptive and Antioxidant Activities of the Ethanolic Extract of Excoecaria indica, Dhaka Univ. J. Phar. Sci., 6(1) :51-53, 2007.
14. F. Ahmed, I.Z. Shahid, M.M. Rahman, M.M. Masud and S.K.Sadhu. Antinociceptive activity of Derris uliginosa, Fitoterapia. 78(5) : 377-378, 2007.
15. M. R. Islam, M. Nurnabi, A. M. S. Chowdhury and M. M. Masud. Synthesis of Some Biologically Important 3-Oxacepham Derivatives, Dhaka Univ. J. Phar. Sci., 5(1-2) : 47-51, 2006.
16. M. S. Hasan, M. I. Ahmed, S. Mondal, S. J. Uddin, M. M. Masud, S. K. Sadhu, and M. Ishibashi. Antioxidant, antinociceptive activity and general toxicity study of Dendrophthoe falcata and isolation of quercitrin as the major component, Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine, 6(4):355-360, 2006.
17. A. K. Das, Firoj Ahmed, N. N. Biswas, S. Dev and M. M. Masud. Diuretic activity of Acalypha indica, Dhaka Univ. J. Phar. Sci., 4(1) : 77-78, 2005.
18. A. K. Das, I. Z. Shahid, F. Ahmed, M. Moniruzzaman and M. M. Masud. Central nervous system depressant activity of Amoora cucullata Roxb., Dhaka Univ. J. Phar. Sci., 4(1) : 83-85, 2005.
19. F. Ahmed, P. K. Das, M. A. Islam, S. K. Sadhu, and M. M. Masud. Anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activities of Cordyline terminalis, Dhaka Univ. J. Phar. Sci., 3(1 & 2) : 61-63, 2004.
20. M. M. Masud, M. Kuwahara, H. Ozaki and H. Sawai. Sialyllactose-binding modified DNA aptamer bearing additional functionality by SELEX, Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 12:1111-1120, 2004.
21. M. M. Masud, A. O. Nakamura, M. Kuwahara, H. Ozaki , and H. Sawai. Modified DNA bearing a 5-(Methoxycarbonylmethyl)-2’-deoxyuridine: Preparation by PCR with thermophilic DNA polymerase and post-synthetic derivatization, ChemBioChem, 4: 584-588, 2003.
22. T. Obayashi, M. M. Masud, A. N. Ozaki, H. Ozaki, M. Kuwahara and H. Sawai. Enzymatic synthesis of labeled DNA by PCR using new fluorescent thymidine nucleotide analogue and superthermophilic KOD Dash DNA Polymerase. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 12:1167-1170, 2002.
23. N. A. Ivy, S. A. Hussain, S. H. Howlader, R. Sultana and M. M. Masud. Heterosis in maize (Zea mays L), Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research, 27(4) :687-693, 2002.
24. M. M. Masud and A. Jabbar. Toxicological studies of antibiotics from a Streptomyces strain on long evan’s rats, Khulna University Studies, 4(1) :659-664, 2002.
25. M. M. Masud, A. Ozaki, F. Satoh, T. Obayashi, H. Ozaki and H. Sawai. Enzymatic synthesis of Modified DNA by PCR, Nucleic Acid Research Supplement No.1, 21-22, 2001.
26. H. Sawai, A, Ozaki, F. Satoh, T. Obayashi, M. M. Masud and H.Ozaki. Expansion of structural and functional diversities of DNA using new 5-substituted deoxyuridine derivatives by PCR with superthermophilic KOD Dash DNA Polymerase, Chemical Communication, 2604-2605, 2001.
27. M. M. Masud and A. Jabbar. Isolation of antimicrobial metabolites from a Streptomyces strain and their cytotoxicity study, Khulna University Studies, 3(2):541-544, 2001.
1. Mohammad Mehedi Masud. Enzymatic Synthesis of Modified DNA by PCR and its Application - A Study on Synthesis and Applications of Modified DNA., Lambert Academic Publishing. ISBN: 978-3-659-18843-5. 2012.
1. T. Masuda, M.M. Masud and H. Ozaki. Study on 1,10-phenanthroline-polyamine conjugate and its cleavage activity for nucleic acids. 4th JCS Kanto branch conference, Tsukuba University, Japan. 30-31 August, 2010.
2. T. Masuda, M.M. Masud and H. Ozaki. The synthesis of the functional nucleic acid including C5-substituted pyrimidine nucleoside and its application to an antisense method. 3rd JCS Kanto branch conference, Waseda University, Japan. 4-5 September, 2009.
3. M. M. Masud, M. Kuwahara, H. Ozaki and H. Sawai. Sialyllactose-binding modified DNA aptamer bearing additional functionality by SELEX. 84 Spring Conference of Chemical Society of Japan. Abstract II, 1047, 2004.
4. M. M. Masud, A. Nakamura, F. Satoh, H. Ozaki and H. Sawai. Enzymatic synthesis of Modified DNA and its post-modification. 79 Spring Conference of Chemical Society of Japan. Abstract II, 948, 2001.