1. Name: Syed Tanveer Rahman
2. Designation: Assistant Professor
3. Education: PhD Fellow at University of Dhaka; MSc (DU); BSc (Hons.) (DU)
4. Present status: on study leave
5. Phone no. +880 1713 095 686
6. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Specialization and Research Interest Area: Family Studies, Environmental Psychology and Industrial/Organizational Psychology, and Memory.
8. Work experiences:
|Dept. & Institutions||Designation||From||To|
|Dept. of Psychology, University of Dhaka||Assistant Professor||January 24, 2006||To date|
|Dept. of Psychology, University of Dhaka||Student Advisor||June 01, 2005||June 30, 2008|
|Dept. of Psychology, University of Dhaka||Lecturer||April 22, 2002||January 23, 2006|
|Dept. of Geography & Environment, University of Dhaka||Part-time Teacher||January 24, 2016||May 2016|
|Dept. of Humanities, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)||Part-time Teacher||November 11, 2003||To date|
9. Awards: (i) Professor M. U. Ahmed Memorial Gold Medal for excellence in Masters Result.
(ii) Sonali Bank Managing Director Gold Medals for excellence in SSC & HSC.
10. Professional training: SPSS® and NVIVO® data analysis software, TA-101(Basic Counseling through Transactional Analysis), Basic training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Mental Stress & Anger Management, Suicidal Tendency Management, Parenting, Orientation to Psychotherapeutic Counseling for drugs and Substance Abuse and so on.
11. Membership & affiliation:
a) Associate editor of The Dhaka University Journal of Psychology Volume(s) 33 & 37.
b) Member, Dhaka University Swimming and Water Polo Committee.
c) Lieutenant (BTFO), First Battalion, Ramna Regiment, Bangladesh National Cadet Corps (BNCC).
d) Member of the National Training Panel and Award Leader of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, Bangladesh (DoIEA).
e) Member, South Asian Association of Psychologists (SAAP).
f) Life member of Dhaka University Alumni Association (DUAA).
g) Life member of Bangladesh Psychological Association (BPA).
h) Life member of Dhaka University Psychology Alumni Association (DUPAA).
i) Associate member of Bangladesh Clinical Psychology Society (BCPS).
j) Life member of the Barisal Division Welfare Association (BDWA).
12. Consultancy: HEQEP Project (DU & UGC, Bangladesh), Department of Early Childhood Development, BRAC University, KARITAS Bangladesh, Dhaka Bank Ltd., NAEM. BSMMU, ICDDR,B
List of Publications:
Begum, H. A. and Rahman, S. T. (1999). Development of a scale measuring attitude towards student-politics. Bangladesh Psychological Studies. (9) 35-50.
Jahan, R. and Rahman, S. T. (2001). Work attitudes: a comparative study of employees in privatized, private, and state-owned enterprises. Bangladesh Psychological Studies. (11) 1-16
Rahman, S. T. (2003). Determination of some psychometric properties of the Bangla version of job satisfaction scale, organizational commitment questionnaire, and job involvement questionnaire. Dhaka University Journal of Psychology. (27) 51-67.
Rahman, S. T. and Rumana, S. Y. (2005). Adjustment of tribal and non-tribal male and female students of Dhaka University. Dhaka University Journal of Psychology. (29) 53-67.
Rahman, S. T. and Haque, M. A. (2006). Parent’s education and family socio-economic status as factors of adolescent’s self-concept. National University Journal of Social Sciences. (1) 131-136.
Uddin, M. K., Kadir, M. A., Sultana, P. and Rahman, S. T. (2008). Development of a psychometric questionnaire for measuring teacher effectiveness by students. Bangladesh Journal of Behavioural Sciences. (1) 27-46.
Uzzaman, M. A., and Rahman, S. T. (2010). Influence of life stress on Saontal and general people of Thakurgaon district of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Behavioural Sciences. Vol. 3(1) 11-17.
Rahman, S. T., Wadud, N., Huque, A. U., Shimul, A. M., Hossain, M. S., Hossain, K. N., and Parvez, M. (2012). Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) among 2009 ‘AILA’ victims in costal Bangladesh. The Dhaka University Journal of Psychology. (36) 121-125.
Rahman, S. T. and Imran, M. A. (2013). Bangladeshi adaptation of Warwick-Edinburgh mental well-being scale. The Dhaka University Journal of Psychology. (37) 49-60.
Parveen, M., Rahman, S. T., Islam, S. Zaman, S. S., Hamadani, J., and Khan, N. Z. (2014). Adaptation of items of Bayley scales of infant development-II (BSID-II) suitable for Bangladeshi children. The Dhaka University Journal of Biological Sciences. Vol. 23(2) 187-195.
Raihan, A. K. M. S., Khanam, M., Rahman, S.T. (2014). Attitude towards family and the self-esteem of young adults. The Bangladesh Journal of Psychology. 20, 15-29.
Singha, B., Rahman, S. T., and Fouzia, Z. (2014). The Bangla Translation and Adaptation of the Rempel’s Trust Scale. Dhaka University Journal of Psychology, 38, 45-58.
Rahman, S. T. and Salma, U. (2014). Difference in Anxiety Between two Successive Generations. Dhaka University Journal of Psychology, 38, 59-68.