Postdoc, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Postdoc, Centre for Autonomous Systems, University of Technology Sydney
PhD in Computer Engineering, Australian National University
Masters in Computer Science, University of Tokyo
BSc Honours in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Dhaka
3D Reconstruction and Shape Analysis
Multispectral and Hyperspectral Imaging
Reflectance Modelling and Illumination
Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
Material Classification and Segmentation
Object Recognition and Localisation
Skin Detection, Classification, Skin Biometrics
Research and Professional Projects Involved
- 3D Imaging for Phenotypic Trait Estimation of Beef and Sheep carcasses, Centre for Autonomous Systems, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- 3D Reconstruction of Road Accident and Crime Scenes, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Color Photometric Stereo for Non-Lambertian Multicolored Surfaces, National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan
- Estimating Reflection Parameters, Light, and Shape from a Single View, Spectral Imaging Group, National ICT Australia (NICTA), Australia
- Physically based Simulation and Rendering of Natural Phenomena, Kawaguchi Laboratory, University of Tokyo, Japan
PhD thesis: Estimating Reflectance, Illumination, and Shape from a Single View (2014)
Masters thesis: Physically Based Animation of Bubble Ring: Augmenting the Realism of Underwater Scenes (2010)
- S. Rahman and A. Robles-Kelly. Estimating Reflectance Parameters, Light Direction, and Shape from a Single Multispectral Image, IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging, 2017. DOI: 10.1109/TCI.2017.2717788. http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7953651/
- S. Rahman and A. Robles-Kelly. An Optimization Approach to the Recovery of Reflection Parameters from a Single Hyperspectral Image, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 117(12):1672–1688, December 2013. DOI:10.1016/j.cviu.2013.02.012. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1077314213001288
- S. Rahman, A. Lam, I. Sato, and A. Robles-Kelly. A Rainbow Light for Color Photometric Stereo for Non-Lambertian Multicolored Surfaces, in Proceedings of WICV Workshop of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition 2016, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- S. Rahman, A. Lam, I. Sato, and A. Robles-Kelly. Color Photometric Stereo for Non-Lambertian Multicolored Surfaces, in Proceedings of Asian Conference on Computer Vision 2014 (ACCV 2014), Singapore.
- S. Rahman and A. Robles-Kelly. A Method for Estimating Light Direction, Shape, and Reflection Parameters from a Single Image, in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2013 (ICIP 2013), Melbourne, Australia.
- S. Rahman and A. Robles-Kelly. On the Recovery of Shape and Reflectance Parameters from a Single Multispectral Image, in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Digital Image Computing and Technology Australia 2011 (DICTA 2011), Noosa, Australia.
- S. Rahman and Y. Kawaguchi. Simulating Natural Bubble Ring Phenomenon Using Particle Level Set Method, in Proceedings of ASIAGRAPH 2009, Tokyo, Japan.
- R. Shimada, S. Rahman, and Y. Kawaguchi. Simulating the Coalescence and Separation of Bubble and Foam by Particle Level Set Method, in Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization: Modern Techniques and Applications (CGIV 2008), Penang, Malaysia.
- S. Rahman and Y. Kawaguchi. Simulating Realistic Bubble and Foam Floating on Fluid, in Proceedings of ASIAGRAPH 2008, Shanghai.
Selected Honors and Awards
- FB Rice Prize for the Best Patent Activity as a Member of the Spectral Imaging Group at National ICT Australia (2012)
- International Internship Scholarship at NII, Tokyo (2013)
- Australian National University and National ICT Australia PhD Scholarship (2010 - 2014)
- Nitori Foundation Scholarship (2009 - 2010)
- Watanuki International Scholarship (2008 - 2009)
- University of Tokyo Scholarship (2008 - 2010)
- Bangladesh Government’s Ministry of Education Scholarship (2000 – 2004)
- Champion and Best Speaker in 17th National Television Debate Competition, Bangladesh 2006
- Champion in the 1st Betar National Debate Competition, Bangladesh 2005
- Runner-up in 16th National Television Debate Competition, Bangladesh 2003
- Two times Champion in Rokeya Hall Annual Cultural Competition 2003, 2004