|Name||Dr. Md. Didar-ul-Alam|
|Last Degree||M.Sc., PhD (Aberdeen, UK)|
Curriculum Vitae of
Prof. Dr. Md. Didar-ul-Alam
Name : Md. Didar-ul-Alam.
Date of Birth : 08.12.1954.
Nationality : Bangladeshi.
Marital Status : Married.
Number of Children : Three.
(a) Office : Department of Soil, Water and Environment
University of Dhaka, Dhaka - 1000.
(b) Domicile : 229/3(New), 166/B (Old), Mobarak Shah Road, No 1 Baburail, Narayanganj -1400, Bangladesh
(i) Obtained a Certificate after successfully completing the courses on "Fertilizer Efficiency Research” from 23rd September to 11th October, 1984 conducted by BARC / IFDC.
(ii) Participation in the training course on "Soil Fertility" sponsored by BARC from February 23rd to 27th, 1985.
1. Selection Grade Professor, Department of Soil Science, Dhaka University, from 29.09.2011 upto dates.
2. Professor, Department of Soil Science, Dhaka University, from 15.12.97-28.09.2011.
3. Associate Professor, Department of Soil Science, Dhaka University, from 20.05.93 to 14.12.97.
4. Assistant Professor, Department of Soil Science, Dhaka University, From 07.02.87 to 19.05.93.
5. Lecturer in Soil Science, Dhaka University, from 29.09.83 to 06.02.87.
6. Research Officer, River Research Institute, Bangladesh Water Development Board, Dhaka, from 06.03.82 to 28.09.83.
7. Research Associate, "Chemical Methods as a Tool for Determining Fertilizer Needs of Soil" UGC, Project, Department of Soil Science, Dhaka University, from 01.03.81 to 05.03.82.
Field of Specialization:
Soil fertility, soil pollution, soil- water management (Irrigation and Drainage), water treatment technology and marine ecosystem.
Played Cricket for Dhaka Mohammadan and Eglets Club, 1974-1978. Eastern sporting club, Rainbow sporting club and Three Stars Cricket Club and played for Scotland Minor county Cricket League (Aberdeenshire ),1987-1990.
Chairman of Dhaka University Cricket, Badminton, Lawn Tennis and Table Tennis Committee for the year 1994-1996, 1998-2000 & 2000-2002, Member, Central Cricket Committee from 1985 to 1993 and 1996-1997. Games teacher of Soil Science Department, Dhaka University, from 1984 to 1993. Member (Grounds Committee), Bangladesh Cricket Control Board, 1997-1998, 2000 & 2202. Treasurer, Edaphos (Soil Science Ex-Students Association, Dhaka University) 1997-99, Joint Secretary, Bangladesh Soil Science Society, 1997-1999 & 2000-2002. Advisor, Dhaka University Sports Board, 9th, March, 2004-2015.
Language Read Write Speak Understanding
Bangla Excellent Excellent Excellent Excellent
English Excellent Good Good Excellent
Hindi Poor Poor Good Excellent
Urdu Poor Poor Good Excellent
Arabic Good Fair Poor Poor
List of Publications:
1. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, 1980. Nutrient availability with respect to paddy vis-a-vis rubber plant as assessed by different methods in a rubber garden soil of Bangladesh. M.Sc. Thesis, Department of Soil Science, Dhaka University.
2. K. Anam, A. H. M. Ahmed, Shafiqur Rahman, and Md.Didar-ul-Alam, 1979-81. A Study of Dantmara Rubber Soil. Journal of the Asiatic Society of Bangladesh. Vol. VI & VII: 11 – 17.
3. K. Anam, Md.Didar-ul-Alam and S.M.I. Huq, 1981-82. Choice of extraction methods in assessing available nutrients. II. Phosphorus and Potassium. Bangladesh Journal of Soil Science, Vol. 17: 66 - 76.
4. K. Anam, Md.Didar-ul-Alam, Shafiqur Rahman and A. H. M. Ahmed, 1982. Available Calcium and Magnesium contents of Dantmara Soil with respect to rice as assessed by different methods. Dhaka University Studies (Part - B), XXX (1): 71 - 81.
5. K. Anam, Md.Didar-ul-Alam, Shafiqur Rahman and S.M.I.Huq. 1982. Evaluation of the suitability of the methods for assessment of Dantmara Soil with respect to rubber plant. Dhaka University Studies (Part - B), XXX (2): 181 – 189.
8. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, 1983. Water Analyses Report of Twenty three Samples, supplied by special studies directorate, Bangladesh Water Development Board. River Research Institute. 1983.
9. M. M. Rahman, Md.Didar-ul-Alam, S. Hoque and A. Islam, 1986. A study to evaluate the efficiency of the digested slurry of organic wastages product by anaerobic digestion on he growth of rice plants. Dhaka University Studies (Part - E), 1 (2): 101 - 106.
10. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, S.M.I. Huq and K. Anam, 1987. Some properties of a few sub-surface soils from Haor areas of Sylhet. Dhaka University Studies (Part - E), 2 (1): 61 - 63.
11. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, S.M.I. Huq and K. Anam, 1989. Choice of extraction methods in assessing available nitrogen of Dantmara Soils, Journal of Nuclear Science and Application, Vol. 1. No. 1: 1 - 5.
12. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, 1990. A Study of nitrogen supplied though blue-green algae or as fertilizer in the growth of rice. Ph.D. thesis. Departmet of Soil Science, University of Aberdeen, Scotland (UK).
13. Shamsuddin, Md.Didar-ul-Alam, Shafiqur Rahman and K. Anam, 1990. A study on the soils of Satagon and Shajibajar Rubber Gardens having plantation of different ages. Journal of Nuclear Science and Applications. Vol. 2. No. 2: 32 - 36.
14. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, Shafiqur Rahman and K. Anam, 1990. A study of physico-chemical properties of some sub soil samples of Khulna districts. Journal of Nuclear Science and applications. Vol. 2. No. 2: 74 - 76.
15. Sazzad Hossain, Md.Didar-ul-Alam, K. Anam, 1991. Chemical analysis of ground water samples collected from deep and hand tube-well in and ground Dhaka city. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific Research, 9 (2): 171 - 176
Book ( No. 16 )
16. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, S.M.I. Huq, Shafiqur Rahman and K. Anam, 1991. A Handbook of Soil, Plant and Water Analysis. Published by A.P. Shamsuddin and Madhumati Madranalaya, Dhaka - 1000.
17. S.H. Jahangir, Md.Didar-ul-Alam, K. Anam and Shafiqur Rahman, 1992. Effect of nutrients on growth of rubber plant and latex production in Bhattara Garden Soil. Bangladesh Journal of Scientific Research, Vol. 10. No. 1: 53 - 57.
18. Shamsuddin, Md.Didar-ul-Alam, K. Anam S.M.I. Huq and S.A. Ahad, 1993. A study of the intercropping of soyabeans with rubber plants and bushbeans with rubber plants, Dhaka University Journal Biological Sciences 2 (1): 41 - 46.
19. Amirullah, Md.Didar-ul-Alam and S.M.I. Huq, 1994. Nutrient release characteristics of Duck manuare. I Effect of diet, Bedding materials and Manuare Storage. Dhaka University of Journal of Biological Sciences 3 (2): 145 - 152.
20. Amirullah, Md.Didar-ul-Alam and S.M.I. Huq, 1994. Nutrient release characteristics of Duck manuare. II Grow-out response of Nile Telapia to Manure input. Dhaka University Journal Biological Sciences 3 (2): 193 - 195.
21. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, 1995. Organic Carbon Mineralization in Soil under dry condition. Dhaka University of Biological Sciences 4 (2): 197 - 198.
22. Md.Didar-ul-Alam, 1996. Relation between rate of decomposition (C02 release) and nutrient release by five blue-green algae under various moisture conditions. Dhaka University Journal of Biological Sciences 5 (2): 137 - 142.
23. S.M.I. Huq, M. Akhter and Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 1997. Effected of Soil proportion on the extraction of phosphorus from some representative Bangladesh soils. Dhaka University Journal of Biological Sciences 6 (2): 167 - 172 (July).
24. S.M.I. Huq, M. Akhter and Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 1997. Evaluation of some soil test methods for phosphorus in some Bangladesh soils with respected to wheat. J. Asiat. Soc. Bangladesh. Sci. 23 (2): 195 - 204.
25. S.M.I. Huq, M. Akhter and Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 1998. Critical values for phosphorus of some representative Bangladesh soils with respected to wheat. Dhaka Univ. J. Biol. Sci. 7 (1): 33 - 39 (January).
26. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and J.W. Parsons, 1998. pH Changes in two growth media in the batch culture of five BGA species with shaking. J. Asiat. Soc. Bangladesh. Sci. 34 (1): 145 - 150.
27. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and J.W. Parsons. 1998. Effected of Non-shaking on pH, growth and survivability of five BGA in batch culture. J. Asia. Soc. Bangladesh. Sci. 24 (1): 173 - 177.
28. Rahman, M.K., Mandal, R., Kabir, S.M. and Md.Didar-Ul- Alam. 1998. Effects of inoculation with vesicular-carbuncular mycorrhizal fungi and phosphorus on the growth and yield of Lens culinaris grown in sterile and non-sterile soil under drought-stressed and unstressed conditions. Presented at the Seminar of Biotechnology Research Centre, Dhaka University, and August 04, 1998. MS 18 pages. Suppl. Issue Dhaka Univ. J. Bio.Sci. 8 (2):31-40.
29. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and J.W. Parsons, 1998. Study on the growth and yield of BGA (Blue-green algae) in two growth media adjusted to pH 7.5. Bangladesh, J. of Sci. Res. 16(2): 253-256 1998 (December).
30. M.Hoque, T.Uddin, Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and M.Ahmed. 2000. Hydrogeology and Geochemistry of the coastal aquifers of Noakhali-Laxmipur-Chandpur region, SE Bangladesh. The Journal, NOAMI, Vol.17. No. 1 & 2. December (2000).
31 Md.Didar-ul-Alam, 2001. Cricket Pitch of Banga Bandhu National Stadium. Banglar Bani. 08.08.2001.
32. Md. Didar-ul-Alam, 2002. Cricket Pitch of Banga Bandhu National Stadium from veiw point of soil Science. Dainik Arthoniti. Series, 29.07.02- 08.08.2002.
33.Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2001-2004. Carbon dioxide production and nutrient release by three blue-green algae in non-calcareous brown flood plain soil under waterlogged condition.Bangladesh. J. Soil science. Vol.27-29. Number (1 & 2). June-December, 2001-2003.
34 Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2003.Decomposition rate and nutrient release by blue-green algae in Bangladesh soil. Bangladesh .J. Bot. 32 (2): 101-106. 2003 (December).
35 Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2003. Author of several entries in the BANGLAPEDIA- National EncyclopediaofBangladesh. Published by Asiatic Society of Bangladesh. ISBN-984-32-0583-9. Strip Cropping (Vol.9 and P.440), Sub soil (Vol.9 and P.449) and Tillage (Vol.10 and p.158).
36 Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2004. Change of pH and Eh in soils and water in a study of three sources of nitrogen with and without growing of rice. Dhaka Univ. J. Biol. Sci.13 (1): 107 – 112, 2004(January).
37 Md.Didar-Ul- Alam 2004. Effect of fertilizers and five BGA (blue-green algae) species on the dry matter yield of rice at two harvests.Bangladesh J. Sci.Ind. Res. 39(3-4), 1- 169-176, 2004.
38 Hafizullah, S.M.Immamul Huq and Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2004. Respond of Onion to N, P and K fertilization. Bangladesh J. Agril. Res. 29(3): 432-436, September, 2004.
39 Hafizullah, S.M.Immamul Huq and Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2004. Effect of N, P and K on nutrient content in onion. Bangladesh J. Agril. Res. 30(1): 41-48, March, 2005.
40. S.M.I. Huq and Md.Didar-ul-Alam, 2005. A Handbook on Analyses of Soil, Plant and Water. Bangladesh- Australia Centre for Environmental Research (BACER-DU), Department of Soil, Water and Environment, University of Dhaka, Dhaka-1000. Bangladesh.
41. K. RAHMAN, S. M. KABIR, G. M. MOHSIN AND Md.Didar-Ul- Alam. 2006. Growth and nutrient uptake effects of arbuscular- mycorrhizal fungus glomus mosseae and phosphorus on maize plants grown in sterile and non- sterile soil under drought- stressed and unstressed conditions. Bangladesh. Journal of Botany. 35(1):1-7, 2006 (June)
42. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam. 2006. Rate of decomposition and nutrient release by five Blue-green algae at one percent moisture condition in Bangladesh J.Asiatic Soc. of Bangladesh, Sci., 32(1): 149-154, June 2006.
43. M.N. ALAM, F.Elahi and M.Didar-ul-Alam, 2006. Risk and Water Quality Assessment overview of River Sitalakhya in Bangladesh. Advanced of International Journal (AOIJ). Bulgaria.Vol.19. December 21st. (2006).
44. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2007. Nutrients release in a non-calcareous brown flood plain soil under various moisture and temperatures. Dhaka Univ. J. Biol.Sci.16 (1):49-53, (January).
45. Naushad Alam, Syed Fazle Elahi, Md.Didar-Ul-Alam & Manzural Islam, 2007. Seasonal variation of physico chemical characteristics of River Sitalakhya in a year (ACAD).Journal Bulgaria.17.09.2007.
46. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam.2007.Study on % recovery of nitrogen in incubation with five BGA (blue-green algae) species at four temperatures and three moisture conditions.2007.BCSIR, Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res., 42(2): 235-238, 2007.
47. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and Others, 2008. Water quality some shrimp cultivated areas of Bangladesh and suitability of alum and bleaching powder in removing soluble salts. Journal of Biol. Scie., Dhaka University, 17(1): 67-72, 2008(January).
48. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam,2008.The effect of amount on release of NH4 and NO3-N in the soils at two harvests of nitrogen through five blue-green algae species and N-fertilizers in rice growing plants .Bangladesh J.Sci.Indus.Res.43(3),427-432.2008.
49. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and Others, 2008.Impacts of Sulphur levels on yield, strorability and Economic return of onion. Bangladesh J. Agril. Res. 33(3): 539-548, December,2008
50. Md. Didar-Ul-Alam and Others, 2008. Effects of Inoculation with Arbuscular-Mycorrhizal Fungi and Phosphorus on Growth, Yield and Nutrient Uptake of Mungbean Grown in srerile and Non-Sterile Soil. J.Phytol.Res. 21(2): 247-251, 2008.
51. SZKM, Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, S.Dhoha & N. Alam, 2010.Water quality of mojor ponds of Comilla town. Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res.45 (1), 57-62.
52. M.H.Ullah, S.M.I.Huq, Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and M.A.Rahman.2010. Effects of different levels of sulphur on growth, sulphur content ans uptake by onion plant. Bangladesh J.Soil Sci.36 (1-2):41-51, 2010.
53. M.H.Ullah, S.M.I.Huq, Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and M.A.Rahman.2010. Effects of different combinations of zinc, boron and copper nutrients on yield, storability and economic return onion. Bangladesh J.Soil Sci.36 (1-2):9-16, 2010.
54. M.Naushad Alam and Md.Didar-Ul- Alam. 2011. Study on Some dissolve Heavy Matels o f Sitalakhya River. Res, Bioscience, ISSN, 2230-9446, 2011, Vol, 41 Issue, 311-16.
55. M.Naushad Alam and Md.Didar-Ul- Alam. 2012. Impact of persistent organic pollutants on environment and their remediation. Saminar Presentation on organic pollutants In Food , agriculture Products and Environment(18.01.12).Organic Pollutants Research Group ( BAN: 04), Department of chemistry, DU, Bangladesh, Sponsored by International Science Programme (ISP), UppasalaUniversity, Uppasala, Sweden. PP, 17-18.
56. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and M.Naushad Alam, 2015.Changes in pH of a Non-calcareous Brown Flood Plain soil, treated with five BGA species under various moisture and temperature conditions.Bangladesh J. soil Sci. 37 (2) : 69-74, 20015.
57. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam and M.Naushad Alam, 2016. Determination of Elemental Sulfur from S-riched soil and Fertilizer by Titrimetric Method. Chem Sci J, Vol, 7, Issue, 1, 1000119.ISSN: 2150-3494. CSJ.
58. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2016. Study on % recovery of N by rice plant from surface applied through fertilizers and five BGA (Blue-green algae) species.Interdisciplinary Lournal of Chemistry.Interdicip J Che, 2017. Doi:10.15761/IJC.1000115. Volume 2 (1): 1-2
59. Md.Didar-Ul- Alam, 2017. Efficiency study of five blue-green algae species and two fertilizers as a source of nitogen in the growth of rice. Interdisciplinary Journal of Chemistry.Interdicip J Che, 2017. Doi:10.15761/IJC.1000114. Volume 2 (1): 1-3
60. Fahmida Akter, Mr. Didar-Ul-Alam*, Monira Begum and Naushad Alam. 2017. Accumulation of diazinon in Indian spinach under different doses of rice hull. 26 Janu/2017, DU. J. Bio Sciences.
61. Md. Didar-ul- Alam. 2017. Influence of some essential elements (P, K, Ca, Mg, Fe and Mn) on the efficiency of five BGA (blue-green algae) species and two fertilizers in the growth of the rice. MOJ Bioequivalence & Bioavailability has successfully received ISSN from the U.S. (ISSN center with ISSN: 2573-2951 with DOI (Digital Object Identification) number from Cross Ref which will help locating & identifying the articles from anywhere in the world submitted on 24.06.17 at 2.58 pm.)
1. Obaidullah and Didar-ul-Alam, 1996. Effect of Shrimp culture on geological properties of some Khulna-Bagerhat soils of Bangladesh, Dhaka University Journal of Biological Sciences.
2. Effect of fertilizers and pollutants on the uptake of Mn, Pb and Cd by rice mungbean grown on two soils.
3. Effect of fertilizers and pollutants on the uptake of Na, Cu, Fe and Zn by rice and mungbean grown on two soils.
4. Effect of fertilizers and pollutants on the changes in pH and microbial population and mungbean grown on two soil series of Bangladesh.
5. Effect of fertilizers and pollutants on glucose and proline accumulation in rice and mungbean grown on two soils series of Bangladesh.
6. Effect of fertilizers and pollutants on moisture content, nodulation and crude protein content in rice and mungbean grown on two soils of Bangladesh.
7. Suitibility of extraction methods of major elements of some representative soils of Bangladesh with respect to rice plants. I. Phosphorus and Potassium.
8. Suitibility of extraction methods of major elements of some representative soils of Bangladesh with respect to rice plants. II. Calcium and Magnesium.
9. Suitibility of extraction methods of major elements of some representative soils of Bangladesh with respect to rice plants. III. Nitrogen.