Head of Office:  Dr. Abu Md. Delwar Hosain

Designation:  Dean

Faculty of Arts

Established in 1921, the Faculty of Arts, one of the largest faculties of the university, consists of sixteen Departments: Department of Bengali, Department of English, Department of History, Department of Islamic History and Culture, Department of Philosophy, Department of Information Science and Library Management, Department of Arabic, Department of Islamic Studies, Department of Sanskrit, Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies, Department of Persian Language and Literature, Department of Urdu, Department of Language Science,, Department of Theatre, Music, and Department of World Religions. The academic activities of these departments are conducted by the Faculty of Arts.

Four research journals, two in Bengali and two in English are published every year from the Faculty.

The faculty office is located on the first and second floors of the Arts Building.